Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is seeking to expand its Risk capabilities with the goal of driving capital efficiency and risk management across Circle’s products and services. The Financial Risk team within Treasury is responsible for identifying, quantifying and helping to manage financial risks associated with Circle’s product offerings, including USD Coin, a leading stablecoin, as well as Circle Yield, a collateralized crypto lending product. In addition, this team plays a key role in partnering with the Products, Legal and Regulatory team for development of products while mitigating the risk to create value for Circle’s customers. You will be part of Circle’s efforts to develop best in class financial risk functions. We’re looking for a creative, smart, and driven individual to support our Risk initiatives within the Treasury. Candidates should have experience building and deploying financial risk and credit risk management frameworks. The ideal candidate will have strong technical and interpersonal skills combined with the desire to work closely with product, legal and technical leads.
What you'll work on:
- Build models to predict financial and credit exposures for the organization, as well as prepare periodic reports for management summarizing key findings.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to monitor and manage financial, credit and liquidity risk for Circle’s products and services.
- Collect and evaluate the data to prepare models.
- Develop analysis and framework related to regulatory initiatives.
- Innovate ways to identify key risks/concentrations and implement processes to actively monitor these risks.
- Advise management on capital allocation strategies for both fiat and digital corporate assets.
- Prepare reports for Senior management and regulatory authorities.
- Nurture deep, trusted partnerships with teams across Circle to shape decision-making.
- Working closely with partner companies to underwrite for yield programs and prospective merchants.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of: Treasury, Capital Markets and Risk Modeling.
- Knowledge of market activities including investment portfolios, collateral management, liquidity risk, credit assessment and regulatory frameworks for Banks.
- Strong understanding of risk, liquidity and financial products. Understanding of alternative investments preferred.
- A basic understanding of financial accounting, specifically as it relates to credit risk.
- A proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with business partners and executives.
- An enthusiastic “roll up your sleeves” mentality.
- The ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving environment.
- The ability to work with and synthesize extremely large data sets.
- An inclination to solve problems systematically via infrastructure and automation.
- A builder’s mindset with a willingness to question assumptions and conventional wisdom.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with R, Python, SQL or a willingness to learn is preferred.
- Experience with econometrics modeling is preferred.
- Good understanding of statistics required.
- Superb attention to detail, with an ability to communicate important facts and information to different stakeholders across internal and external functions.
- A “think forward” mentality, anticipating issues and challenges that may arise as the function grows in size and complexity, and developing solutions in advance.
- A strong desire and passion to continually learn and apply knowledge to constantly evolving and improving a best-in-class function.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite preferred.
- Bachelor degree in quantitative discipline/economics or closely related field required, Masters degree preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.