Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
The Senior Manager, Event Marketing is responsible for planning and executing small to large scale Circle internal/external in-person and virtual events such as the Circle owned annual industry conference and employee company events. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for project management, attendee satisfaction, operational excellence as well as the achievement of strategic and budgetary goals.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of event marketing, proven success in planning and executing global events, solid project management skills, strong attention to detail and have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
What you'll work on:
- Managing multiple, complex timelines and project plans in a collaborative, cross-functional and extremely fast paced environment.
- Researching, evaluating, negotiating, managing and collaborating with external partners and vendors for services such as venues, hotel rooms, catering, registration, exhibits, production, health, security, environmental design, transportation, attendee materials, and more.
- Managing event agendas, including speaker, asset and presentation acquisition.
- Developing exhibit and sponsor programs, including acquisition process, asset collection and customer service.
- Defining vendor and staff roles, responsibilities, and production schedules in coordination with vendors, venue, and specific to event agenda.
- Providing on-site event support and execution.
- Providing event program performance and results with timely surveys, reporting and ROI measurement.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- Strong and effective event ambassador with experience creating impactful experiences.
- Strive for continuous improvement of events by proposing new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Effective project management, attention to detail, and clear communication skills with strong customer service focus are essential.
- Ability to address issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical solutions.
- Strong cross organizational and a highly collaborative approach towards work, and a focus on collectively achieving ambitious goals.
- Flexible with change and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Innate curiosity about the intersection of technology and finance, and how they can drive society forward.
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
- 12+ years of leadership experience in event planning, with specific experiences in corporate event management and experiential marketing, preferably in the B2B and enterprise technology or financial spaces.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
You are the right person if you:
- Possess proactive and results-oriented mentality, behaving with integrity and speed.
- Experience managing a variety of event formats, from exclusive closed-door executive events to large-scale conferences and exhibitions, and everything in between.
- Experience using the latest event technologies, specifically Cvent and Passkey for registration, housing and event engagement (polls, Q&As, surveys, etc.).
- Experience delivering on time and on budget.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and manage multiple stakeholders and workstreams to develop events.
- Ability to assess and prioritize workload in a strict deadline oriented environment.
- Thrive on teamwork and creatively overcoming obstacles but at the same time are self-reliant and motivated.
Location: While our HQ is the internet, ideally this candidate is based in the East Coast time zone. Candidates should be aware that the majority of the team is based in the NYC and Miami areas and that the workday is scheduled around the East Coast time zone.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.