Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As a member of Treasury Payment Operations, you’ll support day-to-day banking and crypto operations, ensuring proper internal controls. You’ll get the opportunity to develop your skills, collaborate across teams, and create solutions to complex problems. You will help us to ensure the success of critical operational functions of USDC Reserve, including transaction confirmation and reconciliation. You will participate in the development of processes for existing and new products. This role is an opportunity to work across business functions including Customer Success, Engineering, Compliance, and Product.
What you'll work on:
- Developing a deep understanding of USDC flows and any operational issues as it relates to payment rails.
- Incident managing and supporting settlement of customer activities for fiat and crypto flowing through our platform by driving any open issues to resolution.
- Developing analysis to inform building better processes and reporting for all current and future fiat rails across our products (i.e. wires, ACH, cards, etc.).
- Building strong working relationships and collaborating across internal and external teams to address and resolve payment operational challenges.
- Proactively seeking ways to improve current processes and reduce repeat issues by identifying common causes and quarterbacking corrective actions to completion.
- Collaborating with product and engineering to build-out critical tools, automate routine work where possible, and address longer-term or recurring issues - partly through design of monitors, reports, and dashboards that capture deep insights into our business through indicators, visualizations, and early warning mechanisms.
- Continuously evaluating internal process controls to identify weaknesses and any associated risks, as well as making recommendations on how to mitigate those risks.
- Developing and maintaining operational processes through documentation updates and cross-training.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 2+ years experience in financial operations or Payments Industry; preferably with a high growth technology company with a background in incident and problem management.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A process-oriented mindset to think critically in a fast paced environment with a driven attitude to improving standards.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and use good judgment to establish order or priorities on the fly.
- Established ability to independently organize, analyze and interpret information to explain problems, irregularities or trends.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- A proficiency in Google Suite, Slack, Jira, Confluence, Tableau, Datadog and Macbook preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.