Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of stablecoins and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin, which now stands at a 2+ billion market cap and is adding more than 100 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce,” Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere.
Engineering at Circle:
In 2020, Circle unveiled Circle APIs: a set of solutions and smarter technology to help businesses accept payments in a more global, scalable and efficient alternative to traditional banking rails (spoiler: we’re using USD Coin under the hood).
Over the next 12 months, we’re going to rapidly grow our API customer base and enable even more businesses to easily integrate and benefit from the breakthrough of programmable money on the internet.
If you’re data-driven, interested in building something meaningful and would love to work in an entrepreneurial environment, we can’t wait to hear from you.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
Your team is responsible for:
Developers love using Circle APIs but our business partners rely on our client tools for their day-to-day insights and health of their billing stack. To that end, you’ll work on providing a seamless onboarding flow to help new business get their payments off the ground. And as a new business launches with Circle APIs, they use Circle’s dashboards (with your help!) to help manage and optimize their payments. You’ll be part of a small frontend team where you will play a key role in helping us create delightful customer experiences in a sound and scalable way.
You'll work on:
- Challenging (and fun!) problems centered around digital currencies & their adoption. Did we mention that Circle launched a “programmable dollar” called USD Coin (or USDC)?
- Building modern front-end applications with beautiful & consistent UI for our customers
- Partner with our Product and Design teams to define the best UX for the tools we’re building
- Experimentation, A/B tests and client feedback sessions to stay connected to our users and constantly provide delightful experiences
- Participate in code reviews to maintain code quality
You'll bring to Circle:
- A keen sense of knowing when a feature “works” and when it can be improved.
- A focus on coding standards and code quality -- a desire to have great test coverage to enable continuous delivery
- Excellent communication skills, able to collaborate with remote teams, share ideas and present concepts effectively
- Self-starter, you enjoy moving at a fast pace, shipping software that improves the user experience and constantly improving your work with little supervision
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.