Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and blockchains for payments and commerce worldwide. Circle is the pioneer of USDC, the fastest growing, regulated digital currency that is backed by US dollars. There are currently close to $750 million USDC in circulation, more than $2.3 billion USDC have been issued, and over $45B in online payments have been made with this breakthrough payment technology. Circle was founded in 2013 and is backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (Airbnb, Stripe), Accel Partners, Blockchain Capital, Pantera and Digital Currency Group, with centers of excellence in Boston, New York, Dublin and London.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce,” Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere.
Your team is responsible for:
This is a temporary role of and as a member of the Accounting team, you will gain real world operational accounting experience in a very fast paced environment supporting day to day AP end to end process and ensuring timely and accurate processing of transactions in accordance with accounting guidelines, company policies and procedures.
What you'll work on:
- Manage AP process. Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, scheduling and preparing weekly payments, resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Match purchase orders to invoice from vendors and reconciles differences with respective departments.
- Process employee expense reports and audit them for accuracy and compliance with established Company guidelines.
- Prepare and perform weekly electronic payments (wires/ACHs) including reviewing the weekly open invoice reports and compiling all supporting documentation.
- Interact consistently with vendors and internal stakeholders to address inquiries, policies and procedures and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Perform biweekly AP reconciliations.
- Maintain files with W-9 forms for all our vendors.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 4+ years of private accounting experience.
- 2+ years relevant accounts payable experience.
- Flexibility to work independently and cross functionally with teams in a fast-paced, high volume environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Collaborative team player, while also capable of doing self-directed/self-initiated work.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience in the financial services or payment processing industries is a plus.
- Experience with Sage Intacct and Concur SAP are a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.