Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of stablecoins and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin, which now stands at a 2+ billion market cap and is adding more than 100 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce,” Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere.
Your team is responsible for:
As a member of the Accounting team, you will gain real world operational accounting experience in a very fast paced environment supporting day to day operational accounting and ensuring timely and accurate processing of transactions in accordance with accounting guidelines, company policies and procedures. The senior accountant will take an active role with the Company’s accounting and Finance members, and will interact with other functions throughout the organization.
What you'll work on:
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly and annual close process, which includes the preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and monthly financial statements.
- Perform monthly balance sheet and PnL variance analysis , ensuring the accuracy of monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Manage AP process. Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, scheduling and preparing weekly payments, resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and maintaining W-9s and preparation of annual 1099s.
- Assist in enforcing procurement policy using SAP Concur.
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations.
- Manage AR processes including the implementation of a new billing engine for a new suite of Circle products.
- Ensure revenue recognition and reconciliation of deferred revenue is in compliance with ASC 606 guidelines.
- Weekly review of the AR Interface with billing engine (reviewing reports / following up on errors).
- Support the treasury team in cash management and cash flow forecasting to ensure maintenance of adequate funding across bank accounts.
- Collaborate across Circle Internal stakeholders to gather financial information for monthly close.
- Assist in the improvement of the monthly close processes to increase productivity, ensure GAAP compliance and create efficiencies
- Prepare reconciliations and support for annual financial statement audits.
- Foster finance as a support function for overall Circle.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 3+ years of public (Big 4 preferred) and private accounting experience
- 2+ years relevant accounts payable and accounts receivable experience.
- Flexibility to work independently and cross functionally with teams in a fast-paced, high volume environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills.
- Collaborative team player, while also capable of doing self-directed/self-initiated work.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience in the financial services or payment processing industries is a plus.
- Experience with Sage Intacct and Concur SAP are a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.