What you'll work on
- Own the development and evolution of our risk management framework for Circle’s trading policies and exchange (Poloniex)
- Develop quantitative methods for dynamically assessing and reporting total market, execution and financial risk exposure
- Establish policies for operating within risk thresholds as approved by the BOD Audit & Risk Committee
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering build and grow new risk management capabilities to address the expanding portfolio of products that Circle is bringing to market
- Plan, build and execute a response plan for real time risk issues
- Work closely with the rest of the executive team to set, assess, and refine a unified global risk strategy
- Partner with internal teams to provide guidance and education for balancing user friction with growth objections and regulatory regulatory requirements
- Serve as the key subject matter expert in Risk across the company and with external partners
- Assess the 'big picture' Risk implications of our product strategy for stakeholders and then socialize a navigation vision
- Grow a strong and diverse global workforce that is deeply integrated to the other core functions at Circle
What you’ll bring to Circle
- 15+ years of experience managing risk across markets related businesses
- 10+ years of relevant experience growing and developing high impact teams at scale
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations on a course of action
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in Business Administration, Law, Commerce, Finance, Data Science, Math, or a related field
Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. With our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets. In March 2019, Circle acquired SeedInvest, the largest equity crowdfunding platform in the United States, as well as a licensed broker-dealer.
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We're backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.