The Head of Accounting Policy and External Reporting is a key position for the global accounting organization at Circle. As the broader cryptocurrency landscape converges toward regulatory and financial compliance, there is a heightened focus on accounting treatment for digital assets. You will be responsible for helping to write-the-book on global technical accounting policies in the crypto finance space and be the point person for interacting with accounting standards bodies, keeping Circle’s management team abreast of accounting policy changes, building out Circle’s financial and regulatory reporting framework and managing our global audit relationships.
What you’ll work on
- Defining Circle’s global accounting policies and implementation for cryptocurrency accounting and other technical matters
- Acting as key liaison and project manager for Circle’s global audit engagements
- Researching and ensuring compliance with the latest accounting policy changes for US GAAP, FRS 102 and other international accounting frameworks
- Building out external reporting framework to deliver timely and accurate provision of reporting to lenders, regulators and licensing bodies at both the legal entity and global level
- Producing high quality monthly consolidated financial statements for distribution to both internal and external stakeholders
- Help the company move towards a quarterly reporting cycle, incorporating all necessary material adjustments
- Supporting aspects of the month close that relate to technical accounting matters (purchase accounting, digital asset accounting, revenue recognition, debt and equity accounting)
What you’ll bring to Circle
- 12+ years of experience in technical accounting policy and financial reporting, ideally with big four background
- CPA required
- Deep understanding of US GAAP, knowledge of IFRS (including FRS102) desirable
- Proven ability to research and implement changes in accounting policy at a company-wide-level
- Prior experience managing audit engagements or being a key contributor
- Strong communication skills to interact with both internal and external stakeholders and work cross functionally
- Experience preparing consolidated financial statements including eliminations, cash flow derivation and preparation of accompanying footnotes or disclosures where required
- Industry experience working in a dynamic multinational environment in technology or financial services desirable
Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. With our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets. In March 2019, Circle acquired SeedInvest, the largest equity crowdfunding platform in the United States, as well as a licensed broker-dealer.
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We're backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.