This is a new role at Circle, which may be occupied by external part-time or full-time consultants or internal part-time or full-time employees. The primary objective of this role is to facilitate conversations via a new community forum, accessible to verified Poloniex customers. The role will be split into Moderators and Senior Moderators, dependent upon prior experience with cryptocurrencies or experience facilitating or moderating forums in other capacities. Moderator shifts will vary week-to-week, and monthly, never exceeding more than 4 hours in a row, and including facilitation on nights and weekends.
What you’ll work on
- Moderating a chat community in the crypto space, typically in 4 hour blocks of time, spread across the full 24/7 weekly operational availability of the platform
- Identifying violations in the chat community and enforcing warnings where appropriate
- Escalating violations to Customer Experience, Risk, and Compliance team members for further evaluation and investigation (ex. Market manipulation or unauthorized trading activity)
- Sharing customer insights and knowledge back to business leaders including Product Managers, Marketers, Customer Experience, Risk, Legal and Compliance
- Providing tools feedback and recommendations on ways to improve the experience, automate the moderation process, or increase the ability to take actions
What you’ll bring to Circle
- A passion and interest for crypto and engaging with crypto-centric customers
- Ability to empathize with customer needs and apply patient and consistent messages
- Acting as a creative problem-solver and a collaborative team member
- A strong team spirit with a passion and drive to deliver the best possible experience to customers
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Flexible availability and willingness to modify your shift schedule regularly
- Being open to change and learning quickly in an environment that is in flux
- The burning desire to help scale a revolutionary company in a revolutionary space
- Prior experience in a customer facing role or moderator/facilitator in the financial industry
- An early adopter and/or the ability to pick up new technology quickly
- Understanding of world markets, economics, or finance
Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. With our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets. In March 2019, Circle acquired SeedInvest, the largest equity crowdfunding platform in the United States, as well as a licensed broker-dealer.
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We're backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.