Circle is looking for a Staff Application Security Engineer who will work with engineering and product teams to secure our customer applications, including SeedInvest. As a Staff Application Security Engineer, you will have a part in every aspect of the development lifecycle and work closely with development teams to understand the security posture of the features being developed. You should love tackling difficult problems and be excited to learn new things quickly and independently. It’s crucial that you’re an effective communicator, as you’ll collaborate frequently with different engineering teams to identify and address security issues. You should have a “breaker” mentality, but be effective at designing the mitigating controls.
What you’ll work on
- Partner with development teams to understand the security posture of the features being developed and identify and address security issues
- Attend daily stand ups to ensure that product features have security “built in”
- Work with the Ops and DevSecOps teams to make sure that product features are security is securely deployed
- Address the application layer security issues as incidents occur
What you’ll bring to SeedInvest/Circle
- 7-8+ years of application security experience including source code auditing, penetration testing, product assessments, vulnerability research, reverse engineering, etc
- Proven ability to find vulnerabilities beyond the OWASP Top 10.
- Familiar with vulnerability management and penetration testing tools: Burp, ZAP, Kali Linux, or Metasploit
- Excellent communication skills: demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical, organizational, and technical writing skills
- Strong working knowledge of applied cryptography
- Experience using security monitoring technologies e.g. Splunk, CloudWatch and CloudTrail events
- Experience deploying using CI/CD pipelines to AWS e.g. Jenkins or AWS CodePipeline
- Experience working in a regulated environment such as PCI or SO
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We’re backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.