What you'll work on
- Serve as the FinOp principal and finance / FP&A lead for the firm
- Oversee the finance and accounting function for the broker-dealer and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Manage regulatory reporting processes including net capital computations, daily cash reconciliation process, and FINRA required reporting (eg, FOCUS and SSOI reports) and other FINRA support as needed.
- Prepare computations for Customer Reserve 15c3-3 and Net Capital 15c3-1 computations
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close process
- Assist in the efforts for the preparation, review and approval of the organization’s financial statements, including annual operating, cash, and capital budgets, and monitoring budget vs. actual operating performance
- Oversee accounting for the firm, including AP and AR.
- Help develop dashboards to track business performance, identify trends and act as a strategic partner to functional leaders
- Provide support for financial projects, analysis and financial presentations and due diligence for Circle Financial Planning & Analysis function and management team
- Assist in annual tax preparation and financial audit processes.
- Drive innovation and automation of various processes and functions within Finance to ensure maximum efficiency and areas for development and improvement.
- This role is a dual reporting role to SeedInvest CEO and Circle Accounting in Boston.
What you'll bring to SeedInvest
- Series 27 registered with at least one year experience as FINOP principal
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA / MBA preferred
- 5-7+ years of accounting experience, preferably brokerage accounting
- In-depth knowledge of SEC Rules 15c3-3 and 15c3-1
- Current with regulations and compliance issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Experience/familiarity with Sage Intacct, Quickbooks, Slack, Mac OSX and GSuite
- Note: This position will be located at SeedInvest, New York City.
SeedInvest is a leading equity crowdfunding platform that provides individual investors with access to vetted startup investment opportunities. SeedInvest was instrumental in the passage of the 2012 JOBS Act, which changed 80-year-old U.S. securities laws to make it possible for entrepreneurs to raise capital over the Internet. SeedInvest has funded over 150 startups and boasts a rapidly growing network of over 250,000 investors. SeedInvest has had over 40,000 startups apply to raise capital since inception and has accepted less than 1% of those companies to feature on the platform. The company was recently featured on the 2018 Inc. 500 List as the 4th fastest-growing financial services company in America.
In March, 2019 Circle Internet Financial Ltd. acquired SeedInvest. Circle is a global crypto finance company built on blockchain, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. Circle's suite of products enable customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets. Circle is backed by $250 million from Goldman Sachs, Baidu, IDG, Breyer Capital, General Catalyst, and other leading global investors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.