Circle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value.
We’ve already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, we’re expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, we’re market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces.
As a Fraud Analyst, you’ll join a world-class operations team focused on helping Circle scale while providing the best possible customer experience. You’ll detect fraudulent behaviors, conduct investigations, and educate customers on how to maintain the security of their accounts and transactions. We're looking for highly motivated individuals who seek a fun, collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment.
What you will be working on:
- Monitor, analyze and act upon fraud signals.
- Identify, analyze and report upon fraud and loss trends by reviewing specific cases and by extracting meaning through chargeback and fraud trend analysis, to identify necessary changes to the risk management procedures and screening rules.
- Maintain a strong operational focus, sense of urgency for SLA attainment and ability to manage time sensitive workflows across competing priorities.
- Verify customer information and conduct due diligence reviews as part of Circle's Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) programs.
- Investigate rings of scammer accounts using stolen credentials.
- Support the representments process chargebacks.
- Willingness to vary job responsibilities and shifts as required to meet the needs of the company; this includes working some varying weekend shifts and holidays.
- This role’s work schedule will be a standard of Tuesday through Saturday.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- B.A./B.S. degree from a leading academic institution; quantitative or technical degree a plus.
- An innovative and creative mind looking to suggest new solutions to old problems.
- 1+ years experience in investigations, data analysis, and/or fraud prevention; payments industry experience a plus.
- Basic understanding of traditional financial scams, security best practices, and/or fraud strategies.
- Strong organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial; you’ve owned projects from start to finish with minimal guidance.
- Make quick decisions with large sums of money on the line without breaking a sweat.
- Innate ability to spot strange patterns amidst noisy data.
- Investigative instinct and the capability to think like a hacker.
- Interest in digital currency and the impact that it represents.
- Knowledge of payment systems including the ACH network, credit cards, SEPA transfers, and other payment protocols a plus.
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We’re backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About your personal information
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. Please refer to our candidate privacy notice here. for more information on how we will be using your personal information. By submitting your application, you agree that you have read and understood the candidate privacy notice.