Circ is revolutionizing urban mobility. We are changing how people move around cities by developing and deploying a smart, fun and environmentally-friendly transportation system. Headquartered in Berlin, but with mostly-autonomous local teams distributed across major European cities, we are starting by operating a fleet of next-generation electric kick-scooters.
And this is only the beginning. Circ is one of the fastest growing global tech start-ups, with the bold ambition of improving people’s lives through safe, convenient, affordable and comfortable mobility.
Come join our team, be part of this exciting journey, help to build a more sustainable future!
We are looking for an excellent General Counsel to add value to and be the “backbone” of our business. As General Counsel you build and lead the legal team and you will ensure that our company operates within the law at all times, offer counsel on legal issues, create an effective guardian of the organisation and facilitate business strategies development. The successful candidate will be able to ensure legal compliance and limit risk exposure.
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management
- Set internal governance policies and monitor compliance
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks
- Deal with external parties (regulators, external counsel, politicians, clients)
- Attract, develop, direct, motivate and drive performance from team
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas
- Keep abreast of legislative and regulatory changes
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, employment law, regulatory and administrative law, product liability, IP, capital markets, etc)
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives
- Strong commercial understanding and business judgement
- High degree of professional ethics & integrity and commitment to quality
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to “see around the corner”
- Up for a challenge - not only taking a job, but dedicating him-/herself
to a mission & team
- BSc degree in Law or J.D. degree
- MA or BSc in Business Administration will be considered an asset
- Language: English & German
What We Offer
- The opportunity to revolutionize urban mobility and change cities for all of us
- Professional and personal growth building one of the fastest growing startup of 2019 with a very experienced team of entrepreneurs
- A rapid environment where autonomy, fast decision making and learning by trying is key
- Working together in a team of the best in their fields from top companies around the world
Ready to undertake your next big thing? Awesome! We look forward to talking with you.
Your application and personal data will be collected by LMTS Germany GmbH.