Flash is revolutionizing urban mobility. We are changing how people move around cities by developing and deploying a smart, fun and environmentally-friendly transportation system. Headquartered in Berlin, but with mostly-autonomous local teams distributed across major European cities, we are starting by launching a fleet of next-generation electric kick-scooters.
And this is only the beginning. Flash is one of the fastest growing global tech start-ups, with the bold ambition of improving people’s lives through safe, convenient, affordable and comfortable mobility.
Come join our team, be part of this exciting journey, help to build a more sustainable future!
- Implementing algorithms in Python for Demand Forecasting, Deployment, and Rebalancing; User Classification - Marketing, Safety and Theft; Predictive Maintenance; Image Classification and Segmentation
- Solving problems from start to finish - understanding underlying problems affecting the business, finding the correct data, running experiments, finding solutions, and implementing production
- Drafting white-papers, presentations and workshop materials to communicate insights to the tech and business teams
- Data formatting, preparation, and ETL
- Implementing high performance algorithms
- 3+ years of professional experience as a machine learning engineer in a production environment
- Experience in a wide range of algorithms, i.e. Bayesian statistics, demand and marketplace forecasting, machine learning (Trees, Regression, GBMs, Clustering) and Deep Learning (supervised, unsupervised, time series/sequential data)
- Experience with machine learning libraries and platforms for production and commercial products, i.e. TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, scikit-learn
- Ability to clearly communicate insights from basic data transformations to complex "black-box" models to our tech and business teams, as well as managers and C-level executives, as well as the ability to defend algorithm choices to peers and industry experts
- You work well in team. You comfortably collaborate with designers, developers, and other team members to clarify requirements, implement solutions, and ensure all requirements are met
Nice to have:
- Enthusiasm for e-scooters and making our cities more liveable
- Experience working in the mobility sector
- Knowledge of causal inference
What We Offer
- The opportunity to revolutionize urban mobility and change cities for all of us
- Professional and personal growth building one of the fastest growing startup of 2019 with a very experienced team of entrepreneurs
- A rapid environment where autonomy, fast decision making and learning by trying is key
- Working together in a team of the best in their fields from top companies around the world