Chronosphere is the provider of the only observability platform that puts engineering organizations back in control by taming rampant data growth and cloud-native complexity, delivering increased business confidence. Teams at startups to well-known global brands in the Fortune 500 around the world trust Chronosphere to help them operate scalable, highly available and resilient applications.
Chronosphere is looking for trailblazers who are experts in their space and are passionate about creating meaningful solutions for engineers and digital businesses.
Chronosphere is a series C startup with more than $343M in funding and a $1B+ valuation. We’re a remote-first company, backed by Greylock, Lux Capital, General Atlantic, Addition and Founders Fund.
About the role
Chronsophere believes that our people are our greatest asset and biggest differentiator. As we grow, we need to ensure our compensation strategy and approach is best-in-class.
We’re seeking a Compensation Analyst to join our team, where you’ll use a combination of internal and external data to drive compensation strategy for our global employees. This role will be central to building out the analytics tools and processes to help managers and leaders make better choices about compensation. The ideal candidate loves analyzing databases, working collaboratively, and has a passion for Excel shortcuts.
In This Role You Will:
- Model the financial (e.g., cost, dilution) and talent (e.g., attrition, hiring) implications of compensation choices and provide recommendations for compensation strategy and processes based on findings
- Manage compensation databases and analytics tools
- Build analytics dashboards, tools, and solutions to support employees, managers, and leaders in compensation planning and decision-making
- Research, gather, and analyze internal and external data to choose appropriate salary levels for jobs and positions across Chronosphere
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses on:
- Non-commission variable plans and payout calculations
- Equity compensation data and participate in the process of revising existing programs
- Cost analysis during candidate and employee negotiations
You Must Have:
- 8+ years of data analysis experience in one of these (or comparable) functions: Compensation; Talent Analytics; HR Analytics; People Analytics; FP&A; Finance
- 8+ years of Financial modeling experience
- Advanced Excel & Google Sheets skills
- Experience with compensation survey data: Radford, McLagan, Payscale, etc.
- Communicate insights from analyzing data
- Data integrity and clean-up experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience with human capital management systems: Rippling, Zenefits, Workday, etc.
- Experience in SQL or any programming languages
Location: US-Remote #LI-Remote
Your Team: Reports to Head of People Analytics & Compensation
Others you will learn from and collaborate with:
- HR & HRBP Team
- Talent Acquisition Team
- Department Leads
- Finance Team
- Employee Experience Team
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- And More
Chronosphere is an equal opportunity employer. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't line up exactly with the job description. Your skills, passion, and desire to make a difference will stand out. At Chronosphere, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge the standard. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org