Chronosphere is the provider of the only observability platform that puts engineering organizations back in control by taming rampant data growth and cloud-native complexity, delivering increased business confidence. Teams at startups to well-known global brands in the Fortune 500 around the world trust Chronosphere to help them operate scalable, highly available and resilient applications.
Chronosphere is looking for trailblazers who are experts in their space and are passionate about creating meaningful solutions for engineers and digital businesses.
Chronosphere is a series C startup with more than $343M in funding and a $1B+ valuation. We’re a remote-first company, backed by Greylock, Lux Capital, General Atlantic, Addition and Founders Fund.
About the role
- Use GraphQL and other strongly typed APIs to communicate with back-end services.
- Partner with product leaders and designers to design amazing customer experiences.
What you will achieve
In the first month, you will build a deep understanding of Chronosphere’s business and platform and begin contributing to the product. You will have time to learn about the space, our customer’s needs, and the underlying technology.
Within 90 days, you will have shipped customer facing features and contributed to designs that shape the direction of the product. You will be a key contributor to our user experience, often leading critical customer facing projects in partnership with design and product.
- The ability to independently own projects from inception to delivery (i.e. plan and gather requirements, collaborate with Product)
- Pre-existing experience on how to build high scale systems and experience with building sophisticated application services
- A passion for growing and up-leveling your peers, and have pre-existing mentoring experience and a nuanced view around how to help junior engineers grow
- Experience working on complex frontend products targeting technical customers, with exposure to infrastructure systems and data visualization frameworks such as d3 or visjs. Our platform targets analytical customers working with complex datasets, and a background with similar types of products is important to understanding their needs.
- An excellent sense for good experience and visual design. You’ll be working closely with the product and design team, and will be key to shaping our user experience.
- A flexible, collaborative working style. We’re a small team working in a rapidly evolving space. We’re looking for people that will help build a positive, supportive environment.
United States - Remote #LI-Remote
Reporting to Elenore Bastian, Engineering Manager
Elenore is the Engineering Manager for the Platform team and is responsible for making sure the right things get delivered! She is also responsible for providing growth opportunities, psychological safety, and a fostering healthy, happy culture for her reports. Before Chronosphere, Elenore worked as an engineer and consultant at Pivotal Labs and then moved to managing teams building out Kubernetes tooling at VMware. Outside of work, Elenore spends time watching reality TV and trail running around the Pacific Northwest.
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- And More
Chronosphere is an equal opportunity employer. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't line up exactly with the job description. Your skills, passion, and desire to make a difference will stand out. At Chronosphere, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge the standard. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com