Chronosphere is the provider of the only observability platform that puts engineering organizations back in control by taming rampant data growth and cloud-native complexity, delivering increased business confidence. Teams at startups to well-known global brands in the Fortune 500 around the world trust Chronosphere to help them operate scalable, highly available and resilient applications.
Chronosphere is looking for trailblazers who are experts in their space and are passionate about creating meaningful solutions for engineers and digital businesses.
Chronosphere is a series C startup with more than $343M in funding and a $1B+ valuation. We’re a remote-first company, backed by Greylock, Lux Capital, General Atlantic, Addition and Founders Fund.
About the role
Chronosphere is looking for a product manager to lead our early stage startup customer development. You’ll operate with one foot in the factory and one foot in the field, bridging between our customers and our engineering team, building feedback loops and testing hypotheses. You must be comfortable with a deeply technical product that serves a deeply technical audience.
We run two lanes: a validation track to choose and specify what to build, and an agile build track to get it delivered. You’ll be responsible for both.
- Perform primary research, interviewing end-users and buyers.
- Deeply understand the competition.
- Set priorities and shape the roadmap.
- Communicate priorities and the roadmap, and align the team around them.
- Convert concepts into buildable projects.
- Act as product owner for a Scrum team working on observability features.
- Manage the backlog, groom stories, and break down tasks.
- Drive requirements down onto our M3 and SaaS infrastructure teams.
- Coordinate with product marketing on positioning and messaging.
- Drive clarity.
What you will achieve
In your first 30 days, you’ll dive deep into the market and user base and in-flight development projects. You’ll meet our existing customers, ride along on end-user interviews, and observe stand-ups and other sprint ceremonies. You’ll take on a small project as product owner. You’ll spend most of your time on the validation track, generating buildable projects for the short-term future.
Within 3 months, as we charter new projects, you’ll be the product owner from the beginning. You will drive your own research. You’ll seek the input that you need to make highly informed decisions. The team will look to you as the authority on the customers and the feature set.
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager on an enterprise software product.
- A track record of delivering software with agile processes and tight feedback loops.
- Familiarity building and operating software as a service.
- An obsession with getting the little details right.
- Experience partnering with UX to build delightful features.
- No fear of diving deep into the world of cloud native monitoring: Docker, Kubernetes, and Prometheus.
United States - Remote #LI-Remote
Reporting to Greg Lyon, Head of Product Management
Greg has been a product manager at startups, large companies, and startups again. He loves the challenge of building from scratch to product market fit and cultivating the tight customer feedback loops required for success. Greg joined Chronosphere to build and enable a world-class product management team working hard to improve the lives of cloud-native developers. Greg believes that the two greatest joys in life are being serious and being silly. He is based in Boulder, Colorado where he enjoys getting lost in the mountains with his wife, two kids, and dog.
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Free Lunches
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- And More
Chronosphere is an equal opportunity employer. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't line up exactly with the job description. Your skills, passion, and desire to make a difference will stand out. At Chronosphere, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge the standard. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com