Chronosphere is the provider of the only observability platform that puts engineering organizations back in control by taming rampant data growth and cloud-native complexity, delivering increased business confidence. Teams at startups to well-known global brands in the Fortune 500 around the world trust Chronosphere to help them operate scalable, highly available and resilient applications.
Chronosphere is looking for trailblazers who are experts in their space and are passionate about creating meaningful solutions for engineers and digital businesses.
Chronosphere is a series C startup with more than $250M in funding and a $1B+ valuation. We’re a remote-first company, backed by Greylock, Lux Capital, General Atlantic, Addition and Founders Fund.
About the role
You will be a key contributor to our Customer Success team. You’ll address technical issues encountered by our customers. They will come to you first, and trust you to understand the urgency and get the situation resolved. You will work closely with the customer and build up a relationship with their team. You will also work closely with the internal account team (TAM & SA) and when necessary involve the internal engineering and product teams.
In this role you will
- Bring all the diverse and great aspects of your authentic self to work every day.
- Work independently and collaboratively in an interrupt driven environment.
- Resolve difficult technical problems while working closely with the customer.
- Document and present creative solutions to customers and internal teams.
- Own issues and ensure they get resolved, organizing whatever resources are needed.
- Find reproducible examples based on incomplete information from customers.
- Categorize issues as misunderstandings, configuration problems, bugs, or feature requests.
- Quickly and correctly decide whether to involve the engineering team.
- Collaborate directly with the engineering team to isolate and fix problems and also identify areas of improvement to better serve our customer’s needs.
- Confirm that delivered fixes really address the original concern.
- Contribute to documentation and knowledge base articles.
- 5+ Years experience in an engineering or support related role.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Previous experience working directly with customers in a technical setting (preferably SaaS).
- Strong technical, analytic and problem solving skills that you consistently apply in an empathetic manner.
- Desire and ability to learn on your feet.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Kubernetes, Terraform, and significant consideration if you also have Prometheus experience.
- Technical understanding and experience with: Coding/SDLC, Linux, Cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure), Networking, Shell
Nice to have
- BS in computer science or related field, or code school graduate in lieu of direct experience.
- Experience with monitoring or observability solutions.
- AWS, Azure, or GCP Cloud Certification(s).
- Golang familiarity and/or programming experience.
What you will achieve
In your first 30 days, you'll shadow other Support team members. You'll learn about our product, our customers, our current support tools, and see a day in the life firsthand.
After 30 days, you'll start to take ownership of customer cases, and work with the rest of the Support team to resolve any issues encountered.
After 90 days you will be the primary point of contact for a cross section of customer issues.
Us Remote #LI-Remote
Reporting to Tom Walker, Head of Customer Support Engineering
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Free Lunches
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- And More
Chronosphere is an equal opportunity employer. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't line up exactly with the job description. Your skills, passion, and desire to make a difference will stand out. At Chronosphere, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge the standard. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com