Chronosphere is the provider of the only observability platform that puts engineering organizations back in control by taming rampant data growth and cloud-native complexity, delivering increased business confidence. Teams at startups to well-known global brands in the Fortune 500 around the world trust Chronosphere to help them operate scalable, highly available and resilient applications.
Chronosphere is looking for trailblazers who are experts in their space and are passionate about creating meaningful solutions for engineers and digital businesses.
Chronosphere is a series C startup with more than $250M in funding and a $1B+ valuation. We’re a remote-first company, backed by Greylock, Lux Capital, General Atlantic, Addition and Founders Fund.
About the role
As a key member of the infrastructure engineering team, you will design and build a runtime environment that layers on top of cloud infrastructure to form the backbone of our reliability, efficiency, and operability. This is a hands-on software development role that focuses on infrastructure systems that are used by the entire engineering and field organizations. You might be working on a global control plane that bridges Kubernetes clusters across the world, building deployment tools to safely control the rollout of tens of thousands of high load time series database nodes, or optimizing critical portions of our stack to push cloud capacity as far as it can go. Regardless of the project, you’ll leverage your deep understanding of cloud infrastructure, strong system software development skills, and empathy for other developers to build an infrastructure product that impacts teams across engineering.
- Design, implement, and operate system level services and developer tools in Go on top of Kubernetes/GCP/AWS/Azure, with a focus on reliability, efficiency, and operability.
- Collaborate with other engineers and with the business to identify the highest priority needs of the organization, and maintain a roadmap to address those needs.
- Refine the way we build and release the platform by contributing to build systems, test frameworks, deployment tools and monitoring
What you will achieve
In the first month, you will build a deep understanding of Chronosphere’s business and platform and begin contributing to the product. You will have time to learn about the space, our customer’s needs, and the underlying technology.
Within 90 days, you will have shipped several enhancements to our infrastructure platform and contributed to designs shaping the overall direction of the infrastructure at Chronosphere. Over time you will implement new tools and services and become the go-to person for core elements within Chronosphere’s infrastructure.
- The ability to independently own projects from inception to delivery.
- Deep understanding of cloud infrastructure and open source technologies such as Kubernetes, with a practical view of how to apply these technologies to achieve business outcomes.
- Empathy for the problems faced by developers, and a passion for building tools and systems that address those problems.
- Excellent skills in a system level language such as Go, C++, Java, C#, or Rust. Knowing a specific language isn’t important; what matters is that you’ve become fluent in one by spending a lot of time on the types of projects where these languages are used
- Strong interest in how things work. Building software at this layer requires you continue to go deep into the systems you depend on, and not just take documentation at face value. Curiosity and persistence is key to building the understanding needed to apply
- A flexible, collaborative working style. We’re a small team working in a rapidly evolving space, and we’re looking for people that will help build a positive, supportive environment.
United States - Remote #LI-Remote
Reporting to Mantas Klasavicius, Head of Engineering, Europe
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Free Lunches
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- And More
Chronosphere is an equal opportunity employer. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't line up exactly with the job description. Your skills, passion, and desire to make a difference will stand out. At Chronosphere, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge the standard. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com