Chronosphere, the next generation monitoring platform for scale
Chronosphere is an early stage startup building an innovative observability platform for cloud native applications. Chronosphere enables customers to develop and operate reliable cloud native applications: with the ability to quickly identify problems and their causes; simply, affordably and at scale.
The Chronosphere platform is built on the open source M3 metrics platform and Jaeger distributed tracing platform- both developed at Uber Technologies, and proven in production at petabyte scale. The Chronosphere observability platform integrates both technologies into a single seamless solution, allowing users to jump straight from issue detection to root cause in a single click. The platform is delivered as a SaaS service that is easy to adopt and scale with customer needs.
About the role
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to help build the Customer Solutions Engineer function. Customer Solutions Engineers use their exceptional problem solving and customer service skills, along with their deep technical experience, to advise customers and to solve their complex infrastructure and instrumentation problems. This means being the point of contact for any and all technical related inquiries in addition to helping implement the Chronosphere platform in customers’ environments. You will be tasked with ensuring that our customers are deriving the maximum value from the Chronosphere platform.
- Act as the primary point of contact and manage the day-to-day for all technical needs our customers may have
- Help configure and implement the Chronosphere platform in our customers’ environments
- Become proficient in the monitoring and observability space as well as understand how to use the Chronosphere platform, PromQL, and dashboarding applications like Grafana
- Contribute to internal projects, including development of support tools aimed at enhancing our ability to quickly and accurately resolve customer issues
- Help to grow this team and provide mentorship for other customer solutions engineers
- Have other opportunities to grow your engineering and product skillset
What you will achieve
In your first 30 days, you will sit with key members of the sales, engineering, and product teams to learn, in depth, about the Chronosphere platform and the monitoring and observability space. Additionally, at the end of this time, you should have a good sense of who our customers are and what they are looking for when it comes to a scalable monitoring system.
After 3 months, you will start earning customer relationships and accounts, you will own the success with the customers and be the main point of contact. Additionally, you will learn how the Chronosphere platform works, how it’s deployed, and how to answer common technical questions that arise.
After 6 months, you’ll help to train and scale the team, helping other Customer Solutions Engineers onboard and assist with their accounts.
- 3-5 + years of experience in a related function is required
- Prior experience in Customer Success or equivalent history of increasing satisfaction, adoption, and retention
- Comfortable working at the command line and proficient knowledge of Bash or other scripting languages
- Knowledge of Docker and container management (preferably Kubernetes)
- Strong knowledge of Customer Success best practices, with experience defining process and providing enablement programs to promote adoption in CS and across the company
- Strong technical, analytic and problem solving skills
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Reporting to Jeff Cobb, Head of Product
Jeff started his career in software development and moved into product management along the way. He loves early stage startups-- Wily Technology, Qumulo, LiveStories, Chronosphere. Jeff joined Chronosphere because the founders have lived the problem that they are now solving for everyone else. As a manager, Jeff is honest and likes to work together to set goals. He works hard to remove obstacles so that you can do your job. He believes that a team should be heavy on communication so that your job can be done with ease. Jeff sings bass and lives with his wife, three sons, and a dog. It is loud at his house.
- Health insurance coverage
- Free lunches
- Commuter Benefits
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Stock options
Chronosphere is an equal opportunity employer. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't line up exactly with the job description. Your skills, passion, and desire to make a difference will stand out. At Chronosphere, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge the standard. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com