Chronosphere, a platform for the future
Chronosphere is an early stage startup building an innovative observability platform for cloud native applications. Chronosphere enables customers to develop and operate reliable cloud native applications: with the ability to quickly identify problems and their causes; simply, affordably and at scale.
The Chronosphere platform is built on the open source M3 metrics platform and Jaeger distributed tracing platform- both developed at Uber Technologies, and proven in production at petabyte scale. The Chronosphere observability platform integrates both technologies into a single seamless solution, allowing users to jump straight from issue detection to root cause in a single click. The platform is delivered as a SaaS service that is easy to adopt and scale with customer needs.
About the role
- Lead a team of frontend engineers and work together on the critical path of projects.
- Use GraphQL and other strongly typed APIs to communicate with back-end services.
- Partner with product leaders and designers to design amazing customer experiences.
What you will achieve
In the first month, you will build a deep understanding of Chronosphere’s business and platform and begin contributing to the product. You will have time to learn about the space, our customer’s needs, and the underlying technology.
Within 90 days, you will have shipped customer facing features and contributed to designs that shape the direction of the product. You will become the go-to person for front-end development, acting as the domain expert on technology choices, helping to build and mentor the team, and generally owning the engineering side of our user experience.
- Experience leading complex frontend products targeting technical customers, with exposure to infrastructure systems and data visualization frameworks such as d3 or visjs. Our platform targets analytical customers working with complex datasets, and a background with similar types of products is important to understanding their needs
- An excellent sense for good experience and visual design. You’ll be working closely with the product and design team, and will be key to shaping our user experience
- A flexible, collaborative working style. We’re a small team working in a rapidly evolving space, and we’re looking for people that will help build a positive, supportive environment
Reporting to Matt Mihic, Global Head of Engineering
Matt is the Head of Engineering at Chronosphere, where he’s responsible for ensuring the team is building the right thing, in the right way, with the right support. Before Chronosphere, he led engineering at Okta, Square, and Uber, bringing them through their early and hyper growth phases. He joined Chronosphere having previously built the observability organization at Uber, where he experienced first-hand the business needs that led to M3. Outside of work, he spends his time cooking, dog fostering, and enjoying life in New York.
- Health insurance coverage
- Free lunches
- Commuter Benefits
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Stock options
Chronosphere is an equal opportunity employer.
Don't see a perfect match? We still want to hear from you! Your skills, passion, and drive will stand out.
Chronosphere is an equal opportunity employer. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't line up exactly with the job description. Your skills, passion, and desire to make a difference will stand out. At Chronosphere, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge the standard. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org