Lead Engineer, Platform
Chronicled has established the decentralized MediLedger Network, which connects the pharmaceutical industry and runs mission critical processes. You will be working on the software that connects to and runs the Network. You will be building a cutting-edge platform using the latest technological achievements at the intersection of blockchain, cryptography, distributed computing and network protocols.
As Lead Engineer, Platform you will own a significant part of the platform that runs the network and the solution built on top of the network. You will lead a highly talented engineering team to build an event-driven, enterprise grade platform based on microservices. You will make an impact by working closely with the Chief Technology Officer and helping the Product Team to shape product decisions.
What you will do
- Own, drive, and deliver key components of the Chronicled platform
- Work with the Chief Technology Officer, architects and engineers to define advanced architectural designs for enterprise solutions and network protocols
- Help the product and engineering teams make informed decisions
- Participate in product design sessions in order to deliver platform features that holistically support business solutions
- Own, contribute to, and review the technical documentation of the platform
- Work with the team to break down complex features into manageable work deliverables
- Ensure development deliverables are performant, scalable and resilient
- Perform code reviews to ensure quality expectations are met
What you will need
- Multi-year experience with designing enterprise-grade platforms
- Experience with developing either platforms, SDKs, reusable libraries, or open source software
- Familiarity with event-driven architectures and microservices-based solutions
- Strong analytical and abstraction skills to identify elegant and pragmatic solutions
- Knowledge of formal methods to describe technical specifications and technical designs
- Proven work in fast-paced environments
- Familiarity with modern technologies and functional programming, such as Rust, TypeScript, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Redis, Ethereum and libp2p.
- At least 3 years of experience in a leadership position in addition to at least 5 years of hands-on software engineering experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
At Chronicled we take pride in our Total Rewards Package which is available to all full time Chronicled Employees:
- Competitive Rewards: Comprehensive and competitive employment and rewards packages for all employees
- Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision. 401k, 529 College Saving Plan, Gym Membership, Commuter Benefits, Employee Perks Program
- Equipment: Macbook pro and accessories standard issue. As well as a modern fully stocked office space with many amenities
- Daily Meals: Come to work hungry—our healthy catered lunch options and ample drinks and snacks make sure your body and soul are always well-fueled.
- Location: Centrally located and easily accessible offices in San Francisco
- Flexibility: We believe flexibility comes in multiple forms. Freedom to express yourself with an open startup casual dress code, Flexible schedules. Best of all we have an unlimited vacation policy that allows you to get the rest and relaxation you need to refresh.
- Welcoming Culture: We call ourselves a family for a reason. We foster a fun and creative atmosphere where anyone can openly contribute ideas, feel appreciated, and feel empowered to be who they are. Fun is also highly encouraged! Frequent offsite team building events and weekly happy hours.
- Recognition: Respect and prominence due to work contributions, working on cutting edge technology. Our employees are celebrated and recognized for their contributions
- Variety: Opportunities to experience different job tasks, responsibilities, and project opportunities
- Workload: Challenging and fast paced work. There is never a dull moment in our Enterprise Blockchain Laboratory.
- Work Importance: The typical Chronicled team member has a bias for action. We do. We build. We step outside of the scope. We believe we will change the world.
- Control your own Destiny: Ability to influence others and control one’s own destiny.
- Advancement: Opportunities to get ahead both personally and professionally.
Apply Directly at https://www.chronicled.com/careers or firstname.lastname@example.org