BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
At Chronicled, we are reshaping and streamlining business processes in multiple industries using the latest technological achievements and proprietary advancements based on Blockchain and advanced cryptography. We are a Series A venture capital backed company that has made tremendous strides in the pharmaceutical industry to solve its supply chain and revenue management problems by establishing a blockchain-based decentralized industry network and distributed enterprise software solutions that utilize the power of the network. We are breaking new grounds on multiple fronts with a carefully selected team that is cohesive, moves at a lightning speed, and knows how to have fun. We are looking for independent, ambitious, and talented operators, leaders, and owners who want to make an outsized impact in the pharma industry and beyond.
As a Business Analyst you will work with the product managers to understand, interpret, and document complex business processes and solutions for internal as well as external audiences. You will act as a liaison between the product and engineering team to ensure that business requirements are well understood and the product is executed as per customer requirements. In addition, you will interact with the customers to understand their systems and integration landscape to aid in the development of the integrations as well as streamline systems deployment.
- As part of the Product Team, provide business analysis support to design technical solutions to defined business problems
- Identify, analyze, translate and document business requirements into Business Requirements Documents (BRDs) during analysis or Functional Specifications (design) for technical teams (build) and other users, as applicable.
- Provide user story analysis, assessment, and applicable documents needed to enhance page layouts, workflows, validation rules, user visibility, custom code, etc.; coordinate with other teams as needed
- Elicit and clearly document business and systems requirements. Provide project level analysis – producing required project analysis documentation (user stories, business requirements, process flows, user acceptance criteria, use cases, integration and data mapping documents)
- Work with Product Managers and Project Managers to develop product plans, roadmaps, customer implementation plans, UAT plans, etc.
- Work with the QA team to provide a test strategy, conduct testing, and promote changes through our multi-tier environment
- Develop and maintain end user documentation related to business process or system changes; provides training as needed to support end users through business process or system change.
- Analyzes “As Is” (current state) process maps and works with business operations to define “To Be” (future state) process map.
- Reviews, analyzes, and makes recommendations for modifying applications, workflows, or business processes including identifying defects, and works with testing and key stakeholders to validate business/systems requirements have been met to support the organization’s business needs.
- Collaborate closely with developers to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during QA process
- Three years of directly related experience; experience with industry leading enterprise software applications.
- Experience in applying the principles of business and/or systems analysis to small, mid-size or large complex business problems using standard project related tools and templates.
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes
- High level proficiency in utilizing development, data, and business process analysis tools/utilities (SDLC, Business Process models, use case modeling, context diagramming, functional decomposition).
- Working knowledge of Project Management Tools (Confluence, JIRA, Microsoft Project, SmartSheets, etc.) and standard SQA Tools.
- Strong facilitation skills to elicit requirements from various personalities across the organization including senior executives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with clients, team members, and management
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills as well as a positive attitude.
- Flexible, must be able to change priorities quickly, focus on new ones without distraction, able to deal with conflict and work under pressure to meet deliverable dates / timelines.
- Understand technical jargon and possess the ability to communicate it in layman’s terms
- Bachelor’s in information systems, computer science, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Preferred Licenses/Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA) or IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP).
At Chronicled we take pride in our Total Rewards Package which is available to all full time Chronicled Employees:
Competitive Rewards: Comprehensive and competitive employment and rewards packages for all employees
Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision. 401k, 529 College Saving Plan, Gym Membership, Commuter Benefits, Employee Perks Program
Equipment: Macbook pro and accessories standard issue. As well as a modern fully stocked office space with many amenities
Daily Meals: Come to work hungry—our healthy catered lunch options and ample drinks and snacks make sure your body and soul are always well-fueled.
Location: Centrally located and easily accessible offices in San Francisco
Flexibility: We believe flexibility comes in multiple forms. Freedom to express yourself with an open startup casual dress code, Flexible schedules. Best of all we have an unlimited vacation policy that allows you to get the rest and relaxation you need to refresh.
Welcoming Culture: We call ourselves a family for a reason. We foster a fun and creative atmosphere where anyone can openly contribute ideas, feel appreciated, and feel empowered to be who they are. Fun is also highly encouraged! Frequent offsite team building events and weekly happy hours.
Recognition: Respect and prominence due to work contributions, working on cutting edge technology. Our employees are celebrated and recognized for their contributions
Variety: Opportunities to experience different job tasks, responsibilities, and project opportunities
Workload: Challenging and fast paced work. There is never a dull moment in our Enterprise Blockchain Laboratory.
Work Importance: The typical Chronicled team member has a bias for action. We do. We build. We step outside of the scope. We believe we will change the world.
Control your own Destiny: Ability to influence others and control one’s own destiny.
Advancement: Opportunities to get ahead both personally and professionally. Career advancement highly encouraged.
Development Opportunities: We offer reimbursements for conference attendance and learning experiences. We encourage peer learning opportunities and provide access to resources to help you grow your skills. Formal and informal training to learn new knowledge, skills and abilities related to the job.
Personal Growth: Weekly lunch and learn sessions, one on one mentorship with dedicated leadership and peers
Send resume and cover letter to Careers@chronicled.com