Software Engineering Manager
We’re building cutting-edge solutions using the latest technological achievements at the intersection of blockchain, cryptography, distributed computing and network protocols. We’re looking for talented engineers, who can design elegant software architectures and execute on them with high degree of craftsmanship.
You will design, develop and support the Chronicled Network. You will be working with our CTO, product managers and engineering team to deliver mission-critical enterprise software that powers entire industries. Our team is constantly growing and evolving, so you will have plenty of opportunities to shape, develop and enhance it as a key contributor.
- Work with backend engineers to design and build clean, usable APIs to power the MediLedger network
- Work with CTO to design and develop a robust, scalable, and performant enterprise-grade platform
- Design and develop the backend to blockchain communication and transaction architecture
- Design and develop cutting-edge p2p protocols that help connect industries connect and transact
- Work closely with Product team to understand business needs and translate them into technical design
- Coach and nurture each team members to help them achieve their full potential
Skills and Qualifications
- Familiarity with modern programming languages including Rust, Golang, Scala, Haskell, Erlang, Clojure, C, C++ or Python
- Fluent with REST API design and development
- Experience with distributed systems
- Solid understanding of messaging architectures and technologies, such as RabbitMQ and Kafka
- Significant experience building secure applications
- Demonstrated ability in implementing scalable, enterprise-grade software
- Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases, including MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Basic knowledge of applied cryptography
- Understanding of blockchain technologies
- Mastering of Git, GitHub and Gitflow
- Experience with cloud computing providers such as Amazon Web Services
- Excellent communication skills on both technical and non-technical issues
- At least 4 years in software engineering and 2 years in a leadership position
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (preferred)
- Experience Working in a Fast Startup Environment
At Chronicled we take pride in our Total Rewards Package which is available to all full time Chronicled Employees.
- Competitive Rewards: Comprehensive and competitive employment and rewards packages for all employees
- Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision. 401k, 529 College Saving Plan, Gym Membership, Commuter Benefits, Employee Perks Program
- Equipment: Macbook pro and accessories standard issue. As well as a modern fully stocked office space with many amenities
- Daily Meals: Come to work hungry—our healthy catered lunch options and ample drinks and snacks make sure your body and soul are always well-fueled.
- Location: Centrally located and easily accessible offices in San Francisco
- Flexibility: We believe flexibility comes in multiple forms. Freedom to express yourself with an open startup casual dress code, Flexible schedules. Best of all we have an unlimited vacation policy that allows you to get the rest and relaxation you need to refresh.
- Welcoming Culture: We call ourselves a family for a reason. We foster a fun and creative atmosphere where anyone can openly contribute ideas, feel appreciated, and feel empowered to be who they are. Fun is also highly encouraged! Frequent offsite team building events and weekly happy hours.
- Recognition: Respect and prominence due to work contributions, working on cutting edge technology. Our employees are celebrated and recognized for their contributions
- Variety: Opportunities to experience different job tasks, responsibilities, and project opportunities
- Workload: Challenging and fast paced work. There is never a dull moment in our Enterprise Blockchain Laboratory.
- Work Importance: The typical Chronicled team member has a bias for action. We do. We build. We step outside of the scope. We believe we will change the world.
- Control your own Destiny: Ability to influence others and control one’s own destiny.
- Advancement: Opportunities to get ahead both personally and professionally. Career advancement highly encouraged.
- Development Opportunities: We offer reimbursements for conference attendance and learning experiences. We encourage peer learning opportunities and provide access to resources to help you grow your skills. Formal and informal training to learn new knowledge, skills and abilities related to the job.
- Personal Growth: Weekly lunch and learn sessions, one on one mentorship with dedicated leadership and peers
Send resume and cover letter to Careers@chronicled.com