Chroma Medicine is pioneering a new class of genomic medicines that harness epigenetics, nature’s innate mechanism for gene regulation, revolutionizing the treatment of genetically driven diseases. As a start-up genomic medicine company with world-leading scientific founders, strong investment backing including Newpath Partners and Atlas Venture, and experienced leadership, Chroma is positioned to be the leader in epigenetic editing.
The epigenome is nature’s gatekeeper for gene expression, governing cell phenotype and function by precisely controlling gene activity without changing the underlying DNA sequence. Building on groundbreaking research from the world’s foremost genomic medicine experts, Chroma Medicine is working at the cutting edge of precision genomics, building an entirely new class of therapeutics to achieve unparalleled control of gene expression.
We are hiring at our Boston, Massachusetts site, offering a unique opportunity to be part of our foundational Chroma team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Manager/Associate Director, Business Excellence & Strategy will be responsible for driving a broad range of cross-functional business priorities and strategic initiatives to ensure a high degree of connectivity and efficiency in our growing company. Reporting to the VP, Business Strategy & Integration, they will work closely with senior management and leaders across the company, contributing to Chroma’s success by leading a varied portfolio of activities, and fostering partnerships internally and externally. The ability to establish credible working relationships with colleagues at all levels is critical.
· Liaise across functions to shape, execute, and implement corporate strategic and operational initiatives in support of Chroma’s priorities and goals, ensuring follow-through and sustaining momentum, including special projects for the senior leaders of the organization.
· Identify cross-functional issues and opportunities to continuously improve business practices, collaborating with stakeholders across the organization to develop and implement solutions for organizational excellence and increased efficiency.
· Track and report progress on high-priority initiatives across the organization. Effectively ‘connect the dots’, identify and manage interdependencies. Keep the leadership team informed on key accomplishments, issues, and next steps.
· Liaise with business functions to coordinate and drive annual and long-range strategic, operating, and financial planning.
· Support Chroma’s business functions to fill organizational or resource gaps and progress complex cross-functional deliverables, including responsibility for alliance management, ensuring effective partner relationships in Chroma’s scientific and corporate collaborations to realize the full potential of each alliance.
· Champion organizational change and transformation and liaise across all levels and functions at Chroma to drive change management.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
· Impactful leadership and interpersonal skills, with an ability to influence and build relationships across all levels of the organization.
· Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills, including an ability to combine attention to detail with a big picture perspective.
· Strong oral and written communication skills with experience developing high-impact presentations.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and, at times, uncertain or changing environment while remaining flexible, proactive, and resourceful.
· Adept at prioritizing and managing multiple tasks simultaneously, integrating cross-functional issues, and balancing competing priorities effectively.
· Collaborative and team-oriented mindset with a desire to positively impact a new company’s evolving culture and demonstrated ability to lead and organize cross-functional teams.
· Passionate, adaptable, and keen on working in the fast-paced biotech startup space to drive cutting-edge science.
· B.S/M.S. with minimum of 6 years’ experience, with at least 4 years of relevant experience in Management Consulting, Corporate Strategy, Strategic Planning, Business Operations, or Project Management.
· Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience is required.
· Experience at a global strategy consulting company preferred.
· Life sciences degree preferred.
· Knowledge of drug development process and functional areas within a biopharma company.
Chroma Medicine is an equal opportunity employer, providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Chroma Medicine complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: All Chroma Medicine team members must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This requirement includes a booster dose once eligible. Requests for exemptions for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be considered.