Chroma Medicine is pioneering a new class of genomic medicines that harness epigenetics, nature’s innate mechanism for gene regulation, revolutionizing the treatment of genetically driven diseases. As a start-up genomic medicine company with world-leading scientific founders, strong investment backing including Newpath Partners and Atlas Venture, and experienced leadership, Chroma is positioned to be the leader in epigenetic editing.
The epigenome is nature’s gatekeeper for gene expression, governing cell phenotype and function by precisely controlling gene activity without changing the underlying DNA sequence. Building on groundbreaking research from the world’s foremost genomic medicine experts, Chroma Medicine is working at the cutting edge of precision genomics, building an entirely new class of therapeutics to achieve unparalleled control of gene expression.
We are hiring at our Boston, Massachusetts site, offering a unique opportunity to be part of our foundational Chroma team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Chroma Medicine is seeking a dynamic, organized, and proactive Executive Administrative Coordinator who enjoys working in an exciting and fast paced environment. This position will report to the CEO and will provide general administrative support while coordinating administrative and office management activities to ensure Chroma’s offices operate efficiently and smoothly.
- Support CEO and functional executives in managing calendars, including scheduling internal and external meetings, calls, recruiting and onboarding meetings, appointments, and prioritizing and resolving scheduling conflicts in a very active calendar; communications; travel arrangements; expense reports; and liaise with external affiliations.
- Coordinate scheduling of Board of Directors meetings, weekly leadership team meetings, and weekly All Company meetings.
- Partner with People & Culture by participating in onboarding meetings with new team members.
- Manage Chroma’s reception area, including organizing and greeting visitors.
- Support company operations by maintaining office applications in partnership with Information Technology Services, organizing office operations and procedures, controlling correspondence (including legal correspondence per DocuSign), and filing systems.
- Assist with management of the SharePoint/Teams, organizing information (including collecting data from teams and putting together slides / files) ensuring accessibility for global colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Provide logistical support: coordinate conference room reservations, equipment reservations, and package shipments.
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment and supply procurement.
- Manage overall office maintenance and organization while overseeing day-to-day office cleanliness.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in office procedures and standards, propose and implement solutions serving the needs of a rapidly growing company.
- Plan, manage and facilitate on-site and off-site meetings.
- Organize the procurement, tracking, and supply of food services, including beverages, snacks, and weekly lunches and catering needs.
- Ensure smooth and efficient day-to-day operations, provide a positive presence, answer email and telephone calls in an efficient, timely and thoughtful manner.
- Foster respectful relationships with other administrative team members, working together collaboratively and sharing best practices.
- Perform internal customer service role by answering team member requests and questions and providing support to all team members with other related clerical duties such as scanning and photocopying.
- Provide ad hoc support on special projects.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills, including an ability to combine attention to detail with a big picture perspective.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience presenting scientific research both internally across all levels of the organization and externally to other interested parties.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and, at times, uncertain or changing environment while remaining flexible, proactive, and resourceful.
- Adept at prioritizing and managing multiple tasks simultaneously, integrating cross-functional issues, and balancing competing priorities effectively.
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset with a desire to positively impact a new company’s evolving culture.
- Passionate, adaptable, and keen on working in the fast-paced biotech startup space to drive cutting-edge science.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 5 years' administrative support with at least 2 years supporting senior-level executives.
- Preference for experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Proficient with MS Outlook/Office and online productivity & communication tools
- Extensive experience with time management tools (calendars, meeting coordination, and conferencing)
- Experience maintaining highly confidential company and human resources information.
Chroma Medicine is an equal opportunity employer, providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Chroma Medicine complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: All Chroma Medicine team members must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This requirement includes a booster dose once eligible. Requests for exemptions for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be considered.