Date published: 4/15/19
The Information Security Specialist is the front-line of defense of CCM networks, protecting information from unauthorized access and violations by ensuring information systems are in compliance with current security regulations and governing policies. This position will provide continual reporting of Active Directory account auditing, monitor account deprovisioning, and insure correct assignment of CCM Security Groups and Distribution Groups and monitoring VPN access. This position will work closely with the CCM Network Engineer to serve as a secondary resource for monitoring, maintaining, and configuration of the firewall and network switches. This individual will also work with vendor partners to perform vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, and risk assessments. They will also facilitate technology audits by answering questions and/or working with others to determine appropriate responses that support the Christian Care Ministry mission.
Christian Care Ministry is a community of Christians that requires its employees to share its Christian religious beliefs and practices. CCM complies with all anti-discrimination laws applicable to religious employers.
A career with Christian Care Ministry is more than just a job; it’s a ministry. CCM’s mission is to connect and equip Christians to share their lives, faith, talents and resources with others. The foundation of CCM’s mission is Acts 2:42-47.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Define access privileges, controls, and resources
- Provide quarterly reporting on Active Directory account deprovisioning
- Provide quarterly reporting of security and distribution group membership
- Maintain a detailed list of each position’s security/distribution group default assignment
- Work closely with the Network Engineer and serve as the secondary resource in their absence
- Monitor, maintain, and configure network equipment at the direction of the Network Engineer
- Identify abnormalities and report violations
- Work with security vendors and/or auditors to perform:
- Work with other teams to identify and eliminate security weaknesses in workstations, network, and servers
- Establish and maintain IT Compliance and Information Security framework, information security and risk management policies, and standards and guidelines
- Strictly adhere to, and enforce system security policies while following all company standards. Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to: banking laws, PCI/PHI, and HIPAA regulations
- Monitor internal control systems to ensure that appropriate information access levels are maintained
- Create, test, and implement annual Disaster Recovery plan
- Train staff on network and information security procedures
Skills and Qualifications
- Agreement with our Statement of Faith and striving to live in accordance with our Christian beliefs
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Hours and days of operation vary. Must have flexible schedule
- A significant level of trust, credibility and diplomacy is required. In-depth dialogues and explanations with internal and external customers, can be of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature. Communications may involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance at their systems knowledge level
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and collaborate with those in different disciplines
Education and Experience
- 2+ years of progressive experience in computing and information with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cyber Security, or equivalent.
- Experience with the security needs and compliance requirements of financial and healthcare institutions.
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols and solid experience reducing security risks - including experience with configuring routers, firewalls, and other network appliances to meet functional and security constraints.
- Desired Certifications:
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- CCENT (Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician)
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor)
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) and great benefits
- An on-site gym and cafeteria
- CCM values our employees. Each individual is given the opportunity to excel in their strengths, advance their skill set, and have direct input into the decisions that ultimately drive the ministry’s success.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.