The Information Security Specialist is the font-line of defense of CCM networks, protecting information from unauthorized access and violations by ensuring information systems are in compliance with current security regulations and governing policies and that the systems have the proper safeguards to protect ministry data by preventing, detecting, investigating, and responding to security threats and attacks. The Information Security Specialist will perform analysis, assess potential security risks, develop plans to deal with such incidents and execute corrective actions such as firewalls, encryption, monitoring, and auditing.
This position works with vendor partners to perform vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, and risk assessments. The Information Security Specialist will investigate security incidents and produce detailed reports and response plans. They will also facilitate technology audits by answering questions and/or working with others to determine appropriate response and supports the Christian Care Ministry Mission.
Christian Care Ministry is a community of Christians that requires its employees to share its Christian religious beliefs and practices. CCM complies with all anti-discrimination laws applicable to religious employers.
A career with Christian Care Ministry is more than just a job; it’s a ministry. CCM’s mission is to connect and equip Christians to share their lives, faith, talents and resources with others. The foundation of CCM’s mission is Acts 2:42-47.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Define access privileges, controls, and resources.
- Identify abnormalities and report violations.
- Recommend and implement security improvements where needed.
- Work with security vendors and/or auditors to perform:
- Security Assessments,
- Security Audits,
- Penetration Tests.
- Information Gathering.
- Work with other teams to identify and eliminate security weaknesses in workstations, network, and servers.
- Establish and maintain IT Compliance and Information Security framework, information security and risk management policies, standards and guidelines.
- Strictly adheres to and enforces system security policies, and follows all company standards. Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to: banking laws, PCI/PHI, and HIPAA regulations.
- Monitors internal control systems to ensure that appropriate information access levels are maintained.
- Creating, testing and implementing annual Disaster Recovery plan.
- Train staff on network and information security procedures.
Skills & Qualifications
- Agreement with our Statement of Faith and striving to live in accordance with our Christian beliefs
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Hours and days of operation vary. Must have flexible schedule
- A significant level of trust, credibility and diplomacy is required. In-depth dialogues and explanations with internal and external customers, can be of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature. Communications may involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance
Education and/or Experience
- 2+ years of progressive experience in computing and information with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cyber Security, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience working with IT security guidelines and requirements outlined or as driven by SOX, GLBA, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, etc.
- Familiarity with the security implications of cloud-based information systems and experience driving transformational change within cloud-based, secure environments with control systems.
- Experience with the security needs and compliance requirements of financial and healthcare institutions.
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols and solid experience reducing security risks. Including experience with configuring routers, firewalls and other network appliances to meet functional and security constraints.
- A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level.
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team, and collaborate with those in different disciplines.
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor)
- Certified in Healthcare Privacy (CHP)
- Certified in Healthcare Security (CHS)
- Certified in Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS) or other relevant technical certifications are highly desirable.
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) and great benefits
- An on-site gym and cafeteria
- CCM values our employees. Each individual is given the opportunity to excel in their strengths, advance their skill set, and have direct input into the decisions that ultimately drive the ministry’s success.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.