The Healthcare/Medical Data Analyst analyzes and interprets the organization’s medical usage and bill processing data. Utilizing numerous types of data, both modeled and disparate, this analyst will produce relevant, timely analytics for presentation to management that is essential for strategic decision-making.
Christian Care Ministry is a community of Christians that requires its employees to share its Christian religious beliefs and practices. CCM complies with all anti-discrimination laws applicable to religious employers.
A career with Christian Care Ministry (CCM) is more than just a job, it’s a ministry. CCM’s mission is to connect and equip Christians to share their lives, faith, talents, and resources with others. The foundation of CCM’s mission is Acts 2:42-47.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze and interpret medical utilization data and costs, identifying new metrics for measuring results as well as monitoring current metrics for trends. Ensures that all analysis is actionable for business process owners, enabling leaders of key areas to build, implement and identify solutions to address business performance gaps and medical utilization.
- Builds predictive models and forecasts for medical utilization and program pricing/costs.
- Create measurements and reporting of participation in population health, medical management and quality programs, and develops strategies to grow and improve results, as appropriate.
- Identifies and addresses expected and unforeseen data issues to ensure the accuracy of analytics, ensuring any resulting business decisions are made from accurate findings. In addition, the analyst will work with the data owners/stewards to improve data quality where possible
- Develops dashboards and visualizations in Tableau for organization’s leadership.
- Design and summarize conclusions gained from analyzing data using statistical tools like Microsoft Excel, SQL, SAS and others
- Advanced Reasoning required in order to interpret the variables, driving factors and necessary conclusions as can be gathered from large data outputs
- Effectively communicates and presents all relevant findings to leadership.
- Collaborates effectively inter- and intra-departmentally to assist team in reaching desired outcomes
- Assist Business Intelligence department with other analytics as needed
- Advanced SQL skills (coding language)
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills including Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (will often work with senior leadership on various analysis/models)
- Ability to synthesize large sets of data from multiple, seemingly unrelated sources (and enjoy the process!)
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to perform complex analysis and make recommendations based on statistical inferences
- Ability to complete projects on or ahead of schedule with an outcome that meets or exceeds (delights) internal customers with minimal guidance from manager
- Able to multi-task, and work effectively under pressure
- Understand clinical and financial concepts necessary to manage department information sources
- Ability to extract internal customer’s requirements while assessing if the requested criteria will lead to the expected outcome. This demonstrates an analyst’s ability to see the bigger picture and ask relevant, strategic questions.
- Effective presentation of reporting and analytic results using a variety of tools to all levels of staff and management
- Detail-oriented with passion to understand data to ensure accuracy
- Strong interpersonal skills, working alongside others with the potential to be in various roles that might include teaching, coaching, creative problem solving, etc.
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with a demonstrated ability to think and work independently
- High level of integrity as demonstrated by 1) ability to maintain confidentiality as appropriate, 2) adherence to policies, procedures, rules, and regulations, 3) professional behavior in work place interactions/relationships, and 4) strong work ethic and pursuit of excellence in all assignments completed
Education and Experience
- Minimum of BA/BS in Business, Statistics, Economics, Data Analysis or any other related field
- Master's degree preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in data analysis and modeling of Healthcare or Population Health data, maintaining a working knowledge of CPT, ICD-10 and HCPCS coding systems
- Healthcare experience and/or knowledge of medical terminology and coding preferred.
- 1+ years of experience using Tableau (data visualization tool) preferred
- Proficiency with R or Python preferred
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) and great benefits
- An on-site gym and cafeteria
- CCM values our employees. Each individual is given the opportunity to excel in their strengths, advance their skill set, and have direct input into the decisions that ultimately drive the ministry’s success.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.