This position will collaborate with other HR & Talent Acquisition team members in achieving staffing objectives. Responsibilities include full life-cycle recruiting of designated CCM exempt and non-exempt positions (recruit, screen, and on-boarding) by using creative sourcing methods, developing a recruiting network and strategy to attract candidates to our organization, and evaluating positions and job candidates to ensure right fit.
Christian Care Ministry is a community of Christians that requires its employees to share its Christian religious beliefs and practices. CCM complies with all anti-discrimination laws applicable to religious employers.
A career with Christian Care Ministry (CCM) is more than just a job, it’s a ministry. CCM’s mission is to connect and equip Christians to share their lives, faith, talents, and resources with others. The foundation of CCM’s mission is Acts 2:42-47.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a strong consultative relationship with the hiring managers to understand needs and requirements.
- Develop a strategy to identify passive candidates for our entry level, management, and professional-level positions focusing on marketing CCM as an employer of choice.
- Build applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations, maintaining rapport.
- Determine applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications.
- Determine applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Schedule interviews after identifying availability of both parties.
- Evaluate applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers; interviewing applicants on consistent set of qualifications.
- Provide appropriate recommendations and advice to improve key hiring metrics.
- Manage the internal transfer process including, coordination of interview with the hiring manager, transfer offer letter, etc.
- Provide consistent and timely communication with all CCM applicants concerning their stage/status in the interview process, and record all interaction within the ATS.
- Discern faith walk of applicants for cultural fit within the ministry along with assessing knowledge/skills for fit to various positions.
- Respond to internal and external candidate inquires with promptness.
- Follow up with candidates via outbound phone calls and/or emails.
- Monitor the success of position postings based on the volume and quality of candidates and make revisions to the job postings as needed.
- Assist in due diligence for potential new hires (assessment tests, background screening, reference checks, DISC profiles, etc.).
- Work alongside the IT and Onboarding teams to ensure a smooth transition into Christian Care Ministry.
- Provide post-interview information to the candidate and hiring Manager as appropriate and needed.
- Gain increasing awareness of talent acquisition and hiring trends and challenges.
- Work additional hours on occasion and as predetermined based on business needs.
- Has knowledge of applicable employment laws
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and schedule in an efficient, productive manner
- Excellent speaking and writing skills without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintaining this standard in all forms of written communication including e-mail
- Cares about the details
- Consistently reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship
- Strong walk with Christ
- Passion for providing delightful customer service
- Must be able to travel for events on occasion
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree minimum, Bachelor’s preferred
- At least 2 years’ of recruiting experience, or equivalent customer service experience
- Experience using social media such as LinkedIn for recruiting purposes
- aPHR or other HR certification preferred
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) and great benefits
- An on-site gym and cafeteria
- CCM values our employees. Each individual is given the opportunity to excel in their strengths, advance their skill set, and have direct input into the decisions that ultimately drive the ministry’s success.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.