Christian Care Ministry (CCM) operates Medi-Share, a healthcare sharing ministry where members share each other's medical expenses. Members of Medi-Share have a God-honoring choice for their healthcare and although not insurance, Medi-Share is acceptable under the law. We have been blessed with tremendous growth, and we need talented engineers to build systems that deliver Kingdom class service for our employees and members.
We seek an engineer with deep Salesforce knowledge to design, develop, and maintain software applications and back-office systems. You will be dreaming up innovations and writing the code that powers our ministry. This is an opportunity to be part of a talented, agile, high-energy team doing cool development work, while also working with people who share your values.
Christian Care Ministry (CCM) is a community of Christians that requires its employees to share its Christian religious beliefs and practices. CCM complies with all anti-discrimination laws applicable to religious employers.
A career with Christian Care Ministry is more than just a job; it’s a ministry. CCM’s mission is to connect and equip Christians to share their lives, faith, talents and resources with others. The foundation of CCM’s mission is Acts 2:42-47.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop software applications for CCM’s websites/portals, internal business processes, back-office systems, and mobile applications.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain custom applications on the Salesforce / force.com platform using agile development methods.
- Build software that allows our employees to delight our members.
- Explore and recommend new technology platforms and capabilities.
- Participate in agile development teams, constantly improving quality and throughput.
- Cross-train with senior development staff in the maintenance of applications, databases, and stored procedures.
- Understand where our ministry is going, and transform systems as they exist today into what they need to be for our future; learn where we’re going, and help take the technology there.
- Particpate in code reviews so all engineers become the best they can be.
- Unit and system test new software.
- Keep learning: seek advanced certification on the Salesforce platform.
- This position requires a self-starter and quick learner who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a passion for delivering a wow experience.
Skills & Qualifications
- Agreement with our Statement of Faith and striving to live in accordance with our Christian beliefs.
- Minimum of 3+ years application development / programming experience.
- Maintained Salesforce AppBuilder and/or Platform Developer 1 certification.
- Advanced skills in Salesforce development using Apex/Visualforce.
- Knowledge of Salesforce APIs.
- Clear communicator, both verbally, and in writing.
- Ability to work independently as well as being a strong team player.
- MS SQL server 2014 database skills are highly desired including Stored Procedures, T-SQL queries, SSIS, SSRS.
- Application development experience with ASP.NET web services is beneficial.
- Ability to rapidly learn and apply new technologies.
Education and/or Experience
- BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree preferred.
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) and great benefits
- An on-site gym and cafeteria
- CCM values our employees. Each individual is given the opportunity to excel in their strengths, advance their skill set, and have direct input into the decisions that ultimately drive the ministry's success.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.