The UX/UI Designer will use your expertise in building great digital experiences to help the Church build community and help people deepen their relationship with Jesus. You’ll work as part of an Agile development team consisting of a Product Manager, several Developers, an analyst, a content manager, and designers to identify features and improvements that drive meaningful outcomes for the Church through our website, mobile application via content and experiences we create. You’ll utilize your research and analytical skills to uncover insights from our users, analytics and ministry teams and turn them into product improvements. You will empathize with our end users to find their points of need, perform user-centered design (e.g. sketching, user journey mapping), and champion thoughtful cohesive design within the organization.
The position is full-time, Salary (non-exempt) position, reporting to the Product Manager of Web and Mobile Applications, and will occasionally include weekend and some evening duties related to special church events.
Christ Fellowship is a vibrant, growing church with locations throughout South Florida. We are called to impact our world with the love and message of Jesus Christ, Everyone, Everyday, Everywhere. To apply, you must be committed to making Christ Fellowship your church home, the place where you worship and serve.
We are looking for you to have:
- 3 - 5 years professional experience in UX/UI Design
- Must be eligible to work in the US. (We don’t sponsor H-1B Visa)
- Experience working across the entire design process from user research, ideation, prototyping and iteration, high and low fidelity design, and bridging to implementation.
- Experience working closely with software engineers to bring your designs to life.
- A portfolio that shows strong visual design skills and demonstrates the processes you use to incorporate user research into your work.
- Proficiency in Figma (or Sketch or InVision)
- Ability to accomplish assigned projects through collaboration with team utilizing highly developed communication (written, verbal and interpersonal), project and time management, and collaboration skills
- A collaborative, strong team focus that values teamwork over “me”work and an understanding of what it means to produce value instead of producing “stuff”.
- Strong organizational skills. Able to pay attention to detail while keeping the big picture in mind. Able to think strategically while staying focused on the accomplishment of current departmental priorities.
- The ability to perform high quality, detailed work with minimum supervision within assigned deadlines.
- The ability to maintain consistency by following, contributing to, and maintaining a mobile design system
- Experience designing on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Mobile web, Desktop, etc)
You will be:
- Collaborating with Product Manager and ministries in discovery, ideation, prototyping, and overall prioritization of efforts.
- Working as part of the Agile team to translate user needs, technical constraints, and functional intent to timely product improvements.
- Conducting research to gather qualitative and quantitative insights via user interviews (remote & in-person), usability tests, and product analytics that lead to the improvement of product outcomes.
- Collaborate with the design team to build and extend a design pattern library (aka design system) for consistent and best-in-class browser-based and mobile app-based user interfaces.
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure brand and design standards are consistent.
- Develop and execute proof of concepts (sketches and mockups) and A/B tests that allow us to deliver the most impactful product experiences.
- Design user flows and experiences that are incredibly simple, elegant, and humanistic
- Participating in Agile Sprints, Backlog planning and Backlog grooming.
It would be epic if:
- You have familiarity with the Apple iOS Human Interface Guidelines, Material Design, and Boostrap
- You are excited to work in a fun, fast-paced atmosphere where everyone takes the mission very seriously, but no one takes themselves too seriously.
- You see problem solving as its own reward.
- Simplicity is your goal – forever striving towards that extra ounce of efficiency and continuous improvement.
- You know Asana or Jira
- You know what Agile, Lean, and Kanban mean. Bonus points if you have practiced these behaviors!
- Love the idea that your contribution will change lives, seriously... what you do is that important.