We’re seeking passionate people to join our Digital Team who will help us fulfill our team’s mission, which is based on Ephesians 4:12, “to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up.” The CFTech team is dedicated to implementing innovative technical solutions in support of Christ Fellowship’s campuses and ministry operations. We are a dynamic group of Software and IT professionals who love Jesus, technology and its power to transform and reach regions beyond our own.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for leading the design, delivery, automation, security, migration, and operations of our AWS development and production environments. This environment encompasses both Windows/.Net and Linux. In addition, you may occasionally be tasked with developing extensions to our Church Management System in C# or adding functionality to our website or mobile app in React. The position is full-time, Salary (exempt) position reporting to the Associate Director of Applications and will occasionally include weekend and some evening duties related to special church events.
Christ Fellowship is a vibrant, growing church with locations throughout South Florida. We are called to impact our world with the love and message of Jesus Christ, Everyone, Everyday, Everywhere. To apply, you must be committed to making Christ Fellowship your church home, the place where you worship and serve.
We are looking for you to have:
- 5+ years of experience in cloud environment, distributed systems, and system automation
- Must be eligible to work in the US. (We don’t sponsor H-1B Visa)
- 5 + years production experience with cloud technologies such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 2+ years design and maintenance expertise with system administration of Cloud infrastructure, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and/or Microsoft Azure cloud services.
- Experience with CDNs, Infrastructure as Code (Terraform), container implementations (Docker), Redis, scripting/programming languages, and CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience with cloud databases.
- A collaborative, strong team focus that values teamwork over “me”work and an understanding of what it means to produce value instead of producing “stuff”.
- Must have excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills to create solutions to complex problems.
- Experience with agile software development practices and drive to ship quickly
- Experience leading change, taking initiative, and driving results
- Effective communication skills and strong problem-solving skills
- Proven ability and desire to mentor others in a team environment
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university in Computer Science, Technology or related field, or equivalent work experience
You will be:
- Improving existing SRE/DevOps/Containerization
- Build out ephemeral dev/test environments
- Develop service analytics, monitoring, dashboards, and alerting
- Automate management and orchestration tasks.
- Conduct root cause analysis for container runtime problems
- Author documentation and procedures for DevOps in our cloud-based environment.
- Monitor, measure, and automate all things to ensure exceed performance and availability goals
- Identify bottlenecks in development and deployment processes
- Assist with buildout and migration of remaining on-prem services to AWS
- Participating in Agile Sprints, Backlog planning and Backlog grooming.
- Automating tasks whenever possible.
- Proactively proposing ways, and implementing best practices, to correct, improve, and expand application processes, views, functionality, and workflow.
- Participating as a key player in the design, configuration, testing, documentation, and deployment of application modifications/upgrades
It would be epic if:
- You are excited to work in a fun, fast-paced atmosphere where everyone takes the mission very seriously, but no one takes themselves too seriously.
- You see problem solving as its own reward.
- Simplicity if your goal – forever striving towards that extra ounce of efficiency and continuous improvement.
- You know Asana, Jira, Git, C#, React.js, or React Native.
- You know what Agile, Lean, and Kanban mean. Bonus points if you have practiced these behaviors!
- An automation fanatic who lives for eliminating repetitive tasks.
- Love the idea that your contribution to technology will change lives, seriously... what you do is that important.