The Bookstore Assistant is responsible for selling, stocking, and managing the merchandise at The Source Bookstore. The daily operations include greeting customers, providing excellent customer service, assisting our other campuses with their Bookstore locations, and assisting with leading a volunteer team. This position reports to the Gardens Bookstore Manager. Weekend and some evening hours due to our numerous conferences and global events are required.
We are looking for you to be:
- An Associate’s Degree and at least two years retail management and/or business management experience are preferred but not required.
- A Christian leaders who enjoys inspiring and leading teams.
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure in fast-paced environment
- Have a strong customer service mindset able to adapt to changes
- Have working knowledge of a point-of-sale system and basic computer skills
- Able to lift between 25-35 lbs routinely.
You will be looking after:
- Responsible for opening and closing The Source Bookstore at Gardens.
- Assist customers in locating merchandise and providing information relative to their needs.
- Responsible for keeping merchandise orderly and neat in appearance, cleaning shelves, counters or tables, vacuuming store, stocking shelves, counters or tables with merchandise.
- Receive and process payment from customers using POS system.
- Attach price tags on merchandise and verify accuracy of tagged prices.
- Fulfill orders from our online store to completion.
- Check inventory periodically to assist in reordering.
- Lead with the Manager and the Assistant Manager during annual physical inventory.
- Arrange merchandise in the store in a professional and thematic manner to enhance sales.
- Process returns/damaged merchandise and ship it to vendor.
- Periodically working at other campuses during global events leading their volunteer team.
- Other duties as assigned.