We're seeking passionate, Jesus loving people to join the Christ Fellowship Team to help our Contributions Team. If you like the details of counting beans this could be the job for you!
The Contribution Assistant provides support for the processing and recording of weekly contributions and other Accounts Receivable deposits. This position is a full time (non-exempt) role, it might include weekends during Christmas and/or Easter. This position reports to the Contributions Coordinator.
Christ Fellowship is a vibrant, growing church with locations throughout South Florida. We are called to impact our world with the love and message of Jesus Christ, Everyone, Everyday, Everywhere. To apply, you must be committed to making Christ Fellowship your church home, the place where you worship and serve
You should have:
- Associate in Accounting or Business; Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Basic bookkeeping skills and teller or cashier experience.
- Proficient with a computer, general administrative skills, and a solid knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word) – we run on Microsoft, checklists, and deadlines.
- Customer Service experience.
- Strong communication abilities with a high capacity for multitasking – we work at warp speeds.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically while staying focused on the accomplishment of current departmental priorities.
- Able to partner well with others in and across departments, ministries, and campuses, including with ministry partner/volunteers.
- Excellent proactive problem-solving skills and the ability to focus and follow through with tasks.
- Trustworthy with confidential information and able to maintain a high level of personal and professional integrity.
What you will be looking after:
- Process weekly offerings including setting up new donors’ accounts
- Check Scanning and ICL Transmittals to the bank
- Prepare tally sheets for the campuses as needed
- Review and finalize contributions batches
- Reconcile online giving batches (donations, refunds, Non-Tax, etc.)
- Process credit card offerings through the virtual terminal
- Prepare weekly/monthly giving reports as requested
- Process NSF’s and other debits notes on donors’ account
- Review journal entries (Bookstore, Café, Miscellaneous, etc)
- Serve our donors including phone calls, letters, emails, contribution statements, envelopes, etc.
- Support the campuses’ Contributions Dream Teams (volunteers)
- Maintain our donors’ records: updates such as home address, phone, marital status, etc.
- Merge/separate members records