We're seeking a passionate, Jesus loving person to join our Operations Team and serve others by providing exceptional campus environments through the maintenance of our building interiors and exteriors as well as our grounds.
The Grounds Manager at Christ Fellowship directly supports the Associate Director of Facilities as well as the Facilities Maintenance, Grounds Maintenance, Fleet Management and the Projects Team. The Grounds Manager (classified as Grounds Specialist internally) is responsible for defining and implementing best practices that maximize efficiencies while building and preserving relationships with the many vendors that our church partners with. This is a full-time hourly (non-exempt) position reporting to the Associate Director of Facilities.
Christ Fellowship is a vibrant, growing church with locations throughout South Florida. We are called to impact our world with the love and message of Jesus Christ, Everyone, Everyday, Everywhere. To apply, you must be committed to making Christ Fellowship your church home, the place where you worship and serve.
You have: // We are looking for you to be:
- High school diploma required, two-year college degree preferred,
- Three years of demonstrated, knowledge, training or experience in related field.
- Ability to maintain and repair a variety of equipment types.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel are fundamental prerequisite of this position.
- Able to accomplish assigned projects through other ministry staff and volunteers utilizing effective communication (written and verbal) and collaboration skills.
- Be able to sit, stand, reach and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Have a valid Florida Drivers licenses.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish speaking) a plus.
- CDL license and experience pulling trailers and equipment preferred.
You will be looking after:
- Develop strong relationships with vendors who provide services to our church and ensure they maintain responsibility and accountability for the services they perform.
- Coordinate the various vendor oversight functions across our church’s footprint, which includes landscaping, trash, irrigation, grounds cleanup, pest control, parking lot infrastructure, etc.
- Take prompt action to identify possible areas of vendor risk and work to minimize or resolve that risk.
- Manage the life cycle for scheduled maintenance on our properties, which include things like pressure cleaning, weed control treatments, mulch, fertilizer, and sealing pavers.
- Securely maintain grounds equipment (Generators, Light Towers, Fork Lifts, etc.) and make sure they stay in good working order.
- Manage Grounds financials, ensuring compliance against budgets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to assist with church event set up and coordinate any grounds or facilities needs.
It would be epic if: // We’ll really love it if:
- You are a fourth-degree black belt in laughter
- Your idea of a manicure is a deep green, plush landscape.