The Lighting & Scenic Director at Christ Fellowship looks after designing supportive lighting experiences and creating unifying scenic elements across Christ Fellowship locations. Pivotal to this role – we will need for you to be able to collaborate with our core production team and take the initiative to lead this production discipline organizationally.
- Collaborating with the core production team, lighting designers and core creative team to facilitate engaging weekend/event experiences
- Overseeing organization wide design standards and quality control.
- Pre-visualizing/pre-building scenic design elements
- Leading a growing team of full time lighting designers and volunteers
- Developing training modules/processes for staff and volunteers
- Integrating new equipment upgrades/expansions
- Developing/proposing new system/equipment expansions/upgrades
- Manage and update consoles and patching
- Manage and maintain lighting inventory
Bachelors, Associates or Technical Degree in a relevant field and 2+ years’ experience, or 5+ years’ experience designing in production environments.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Proven visual aesthetic and musical aptitude/detail oriented
- Fluent with large and small format lighting consoles ie: GrandMA, Hog
- Proficient with media server workflows. Experience with Mbox or Green Hippo is a plus.
- Operational knowledge in Vectorworks in addition to MA 3D, or WYSIWYG
- Working knowledge of 3 phase electrical systems and portable power
- Skilled in pre production planning and coordination ie: creating fixture plots, electrical load calculations, weight calculations, coordinating rentals and scheduling teams, etc.
- Working knowledge of rigging and safety procedures, certifications are a plus.
- Scenic/set design experience
- LED wall config/mapping a plus
Classification: Full-time, Salary (Exempt)
Reporting to: Production Director