We're seeking a passionate, forward thinking designer to join our production team and lead lighting design teams across all CF locations; combining theatre, concert, and broadcast lighting design approaches to create highly immersive, memorable, and engaging experiences.
The Lighting & Scenic Director at Christ Fellowship looks after designing supportive lighting experiences and creating unifying scenic elements across CF locations. Pivotal to this role – we will need for you to be able to collaborate with our core production team and take the initiative to lead this production discipline organizationally. This is a full-time salaried (exempt) position reporting to the Production Director.
Christ Fellowship is a vibrant, growing church with locations throughout South Florida. We are called to impact our world with the love and message of Jesus Christ, Everyone, Everyday, Everywhere. To apply, you must be committed to making Christ Fellowship your church home, the place where you worship and serve.
This role in one sentence:
To create irresistible lighting & scenic designs while leading and empowering people who want to do the same.
- B.A. , B.S. or a Technical Degree in a relevant field and 2+ years’ experience or 5+ years’ experience designing in production environments
- Proven visual aesthetic and musical aptitude/detail oriented - you know what makes a design irresistible visually.
- Fluent with large and small format lighting consoles ie: GrandMA, Hog
- Proficient with media server workflows. Experience with Mbox or Green Hippo is a plus.
- Operational knowledge in Vectorworks in addition to MA 3D, or WYSIWYG
- Working knowledge of 3 phase electrical systems and portable power
- Skilled in perproduction planning and coordination ie: creating fixture plots, electrical load calculations, weight calculations, coordinating rentals and scheduling teams, etc.
- Working knowledge of rigging and safety procedures, certifications are a plus.
- Scenic/set design experience
- LED wall config/mapping a plus
You will be looking after:
- Collaborating with the core production team, lighting designers and core creative team to facilitate engaging weekend/event experiences
- Overseeing organization wide design standards and quality control.
- Pre-visualizing/pre-building scenic design elements
- Leading a growing team of full time lighting designers and volunteers
- Developing training modules/processes for staff and volunteers
- Integrating new equipment upgrades/expansions
- Developing/proposing new system/equipment expansions/upgrades
- Manage and update consoles and patching
- Manage and maintain lighting inventory