We’re seeking passionate people to join our Information Technology Team who will help us fulfill our team’s mission which is based on Ephesians 4:12, “to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up.” The CFTech team is dedicated to implementing innovative technical solutions in support of Christ Fellowship’s campuses and ministry operations. We are a dynamic group of IT professionals who love Jesus, technology and its power to transform and reach regions beyond our own.
The Technical Support Specialist is a Support Desk support role and is a cornerstone of the greater Systems and Support team. As a member of the Support team, you are the first point of contact with the IT Department for the majority of the church and as such you have to command not only excellent technical and customer service skills, but the professionalism and initiative to get problems resolved quickly and efficiently. Delivering effective business communication should be second nature. This is a full-time, Salary (non-exempt) position reporting to the Director of Information Technology and will include weekends and some evenings.
Christ Fellowship is a vibrant, growing church with locations throughout South Florida. We are called to impact our world with the love and message of Jesus Christ, Everyone, Everyday, Everywhere. To apply, you must be committed to making Christ Fellowship your church home, the place where you worship and serve.
We are looking for you to have:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a Technology Support (IT/IS) role.
- Great communication skills, able to clearly communicate steps to resolve end user’s challenges.
- Strong Mac OSX experience in an Active Directory environment.
- Experience imaging Apple and PC computers.
- Proven ability to document issue resolution for helpdesk knowledgebase.
- Must have excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills to create solutions to complex problems.
- Have strong organizational skills. Able to pay attention to detail while keeping big picture in mind. Able to think strategically while staying focused on the accomplishment of current departmental priorities.
- Able to perform high quality, detailed work with minimum supervision within assigned deadlines.
- Able to handle confidential matters and material with excellence.
You will be looking over:
- Providing first and second level helpdesk support which includes receiving calls, opening and logging helpdesk tickets, addressing issues that can be quickly resolved and routing/escalating trouble tickets to the appropriate resource.
- Responding to calls within agreed time limits, updating tickets for tasks completed and owning end-to-end customer support.
- Effectively prioritizing calls to ensure those that have greatest impact on the church are resolved first.
- Proactively seeking support from teammates and or leadership for calls that are about to pass their due dates, or where more experience is required in resolving a call.
- Installing and configuring both Apple Mac and PC hardware and software.
- Diagnosing and repairing hardware faults for Mac and PC.
- Replacing parts as required for both Mac and PC computers.
- Support remote offices, users and events.
- Part of on-call rotation.
- Continually updating technical skills, knowledge and participating in leadership and professional development opportunities.
- Serving in events that occasionally take place outside typical business hours (nights and weekends).
- Other duties as assigned.
It would be epic if:
- You are excited to work in a fun, fast-paced atmosphere where everyone takes the mission very seriously, but no one takes themselves too seriously.
- You see problem solving as its own reward.
- Simplicity if your goal – forever striving towards that extra ounce of efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Systems monitoring and uptime are important to you.
- An automation fanatic who lives for eliminating repetitive tasks.
- Love the idea that your contribution to technology will change lives, seriously... what you do is that important.