We're seeking a passionate, Jesus loving person to join the Live Production Team. If you are a compassionate, energetic person that loves leading volunteers while pushing buttons and making behind the scenes come alive, then this job is for you.
The Lighting Designer on our Live Production team as Christ Fellowship is responsible for the operation and design of Worship services, events with emphasis on excellence and maintaining the core standards set by the Technical Director. This role also includes training and development of campus lighting teams and lighting maintenance at all campus. This is a full-time, salaried (non-exempt) position. This role reports to the Technical Director.
Christ Fellowship is a vibrant, growing church with locations throughout South Florida. We are called to impact our world with the love and message of Jesus Christ, Everyone, Everyday, Everywhere. To apply, you must be committed to making Christ Fellowship your church home, the place where you worship and serve.
We are looking for:
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in live production with an emphasis on lighting and lighting design.
- Experience working live events, including production rigging, lighting, and lighting designs
- Embrace the CF mission and philosophy of ministry
- Be a team-oriented individual with strong multi-tasking and organizational abilities.
- Computer literate and familiarity with lighting software Grand MA2, High-End Systems, MS Office, and Vectorworks, WYSWIG and Pathway
- Demonstrates the ability to perform high quality, detailed work with minimum supervision within assigned deadlines
- Effective and direct communicator
- Flexible and adaptable, ability to troubleshoot and think out of the box.
- Professional level ability and knowledge of lighting equipment and operation.
- Schedule includes working some evenings, weekend, and extended hours as required by ministry and events as needed. This includes Christmas, Easter and any major event. Typical hours will be split between weekdays and the weekends/evenings (Wednesday – Sunday).
- Able to set up and take down production equipment, including but not limited to, cameras, tripods, lights, sandbags, etc.
- Able to lift 50+ pounds as necessary for the production equipment.
You will be serving God and others by:
- Maintain all lighting systems at the campus.
- Maintain the organization and inventory of all lighting gear.
- Maintain proper supplies.
- Assist in all service setups (lighting).
- Provide high level, courteous service in support of ministry functions.
- Troubleshoot all lighting systems.
- Work with all technical staff and volunteers to produce seamless integration and support for all services, programs, and events.
- Set an example for the Live Production team in leadership, care, and discipleship.
- Maintenance of the lighting systems which includes changing blown lamps, focusing of fixtures, cleaning fixtures, helping facilitate repairs, maintaining console and show files, and system documentation.
- Provide training for other operators in both equipments used, as well as service standards.
- Create an atmosphere that is welcoming and inclusive of all volunteers.
- Establish a feeling of community and belonging to the broader team, while cultivating long term investment from our existing volunteer and students.
- Responsible for the overall lighting outcome for weekend services.