We’re seeking passionate, Jesus loving people to join our Belle Glade Life Academy Team and spread the love and message of Jesus Christ with everyone they meet, with a belief that all students can be successful and deserve our best.
The Belle Glade Coordinator is a critical member of the Christ Fellowship Belle Glade Life Academy Team and responsible for all outreach activities in and around Belle Glade. This is a full time, salaried (exempt) position reporting to the Associate Director of Belle Glade.
Christ Fellowship is a vibrant, growing church with locations throughout South Florida. We are called to impact our world with the love and message of Jesus Christ, Everyone, Everyday, Everywhere. To apply, you must be committed to making Christ Fellowship your church home, the place where you worship and serve.
- College educated in Education, Youth Development or related field
- At least 2 years’ experienced working with youth and/or families or related
- Experienced working in urban schools preferred
- Able to speak Spanish or Creole (would be a plus)
- Comfortable and proficient in public speaking - making presentations that stay on message
- Experienced in developing and executing work plans, while quite exceptional with follow-through
- Exceptionally organized with an operational and administrative mind – we run on Microsoft, checklists and deadlines
- Influential leader and taskmaster who can relate well with volunteers, visitors, fellow staff, and staff of other youth organizations and school departments while smiling and encouraging the entire time
- Strong communication abilities with a high capacity for prioritizing – we work at warp speeds
- Self-starter, problem solver and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Possess integrity, positive work-ethic, professional attitude and willingness to learn from all situations presented
You will be:
- Make local presentations and participate in community events to build awareness about the Life Center’s program. Conduct personal 1:1 follow-up to recruit interested constituencies in Belle Glade and surrounding areas
- Coordinate community engaging projects appropriate for elementary students.
- Track and report reading/math literacy results accurately and in a timely manner, share stories and successes
- Work directly with key school staff to coordinate activities and events and assure proactive communication and collaboration
- Support local volunteer recruitment through community interaction and phone calls.
- Comfortable using online tools, including Google Hangouts, Skype for Business, social media, data system, and general computer programs (word, excel)
- Willingness to work nontraditional hours – from time to time (weekends, early evenings)
- Provide culturally appropriate curriculum for elementary students
- Adhere to program schedule, policies, and structure
- Attend mandatory trainings, participate meaningfully and put learning into practice
- Receive regular coaching, participate meaningfully and put learning into practice
- Ability to engage parents, children and administrators in both a kind and professional way
- Maintain database and pertinent records to discipline structure
It would be epic if:
- You really liked potato chips, chocolate and fruit snacks.
- You like to laugh…a lot.
- You like long car rides.