Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food startup headquartered here in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a super app, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for Data Engineers to join our team and help build Chowbus’ next generation data warehouse, data marts, real-time intelligence, and state-of-the-art data-driven logistics solutions.
- Collaborate with business, analytics, and engineering teams on data models, jobs
- Work with cutting edge data processing technologies
- Understand our stakeholder requirements and write efficient ETL jobs to transform raw data into consumable data assets
- Become a business domain expert, able to translate Chowbus’ business into technical data models and vice versa
- Analyze data to measure impacts of data schemas and use it to iterate on improvements
We are excited if you...
- Excellent knowledge of SQL, data warehouse modeling and data design patterns
- 1-4 years experience with Python or another general purpose programming language
- Background in writing ETL jobs within a Business Intelligence context
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in a computer-related discipline
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, communication, team-work skills
- Rigorous attention to detail and accuracy
- Unquenchable curiosity and excitement for data, and a love for great food!
- Experience with Spark and/or other big data tools for large volume data processing
- Exposure to Amazon AWS, Databricks, or other cloud / data platforms
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.