Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food startup headquartered in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a super app, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
About the Role
The Point-of-Sale (POS) Operations Specialist role is a unique opportunity to help expand Chowbus POS services in the cities in which we operate. This is a critical role as it interfaces with Chowbus restaurants and customers to optimize Chowbus’ service in the local markets where we operate. This operations-driven role calls for a rare combination of creative problem solving, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to manage partnerships.
This is a rigorous business side role in a high growth environment, and you will work with a local market team, and with headquarters-based operations, engineering, product, and marketing teams. This role will have a key responsibility for the growth of the Chowbus POS business.
What You’ll Do
- Alongside your local team, be responsible for the growth and profitability of our POS product
- Communicate with restaurants to understand their needs, and optimize business performance by finding opportunities and implementing impactful solutions for our restaurant partners
- Understand functionality of Chowbus POS, both hardware and software, and visit restaurants to accelerate the adoption process
- Responsible for POS setup and employee training at new customer locations
- Work with headquarters operations, product and engineering teams to adapt new products, processes and plans locally
- Analyze feedback from restaurants to ensure a positive experience for them
- Upsell other restaurant services related to our POS
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's Degree
- Bilingual - Chinese and English
- 1-2 years experience in operations, or start-up role is a plus
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Some level of technical proficiency to understand how POS hardware and software works
- Strong drive to ensure execution of local strategies
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and customer-centric
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.