Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food startup headquartered here in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a superb app and world-class operations, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
At Chowbus, a Senior Operations Manager is the true owner of their area, working to build and maintain a high-functioning customer care and driver dispatch operation. The role involves using data and analytics to create better outcomes for Chowbus’ customers. A successful candidate for this role will be analytical, empathetic to the customer experience, and have a bias toward action.
- Analyze data & analytics to determine go-forward strategy for customer care team
- Train and develop team members for operational versatility and career advancement.
- Collaborate with General Managers to ensure smooth lines of communication between the operation and city teams.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and rapidly implement them.
- Work closely with senior management and General Managers to centralize customer care and dispatch operations.
- Rapidly scale operations where customer demand and geographic expansion require it.
- Work with senior management and Product teams to implement software updates that affect the customer experience.
We are excited if you...
- Have at least 4+ years of experience managing operations and/or project teams focused on operational initiatives.
- Have a 4 year degree; an MBA or Master’s degree in business related fields would be a plus.
- Have a track record of operational success and advancing to roles with increased responsibility and impact.
- Are proficient in extracting insights from operational metrics and making data-driven decisions.
- Have a customer-first mindset and prioritize their experience in making business decisions.
- Have experience directly managing and developing teams of people.
- Can influence peers and senior management through clear thinking and communication.
- Learn by quickly testing out new hypotheses.
- Have experience in achieving consistent results in an environment with team members in distributed locations.