Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food startup headquartered in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a super app, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
About the Role
As the Regional Manager of Chowbus you will have the opportunity to shape and lead one service region of Chowbus. You will play a vital role in all aspects of the program’s success, from diverse and intelligent hiring, to engaging and on-brand community outreach, navigating regulatory relationships, driving customer acquisition, motivating the operational team, and creative problem solving.
The role is centered on continual improvement and high quality. It requires a highly versatile and well rounded leader, someone who can create and drive strategy but also roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. It’s the intersection of leadership, analytics, creativeness, and problem solving that makes the Chowbus Regional Manager an exciting and challenging job.
What You’ll Do
- Define and implement Chowbus’ operational, marketing, and business opportunities in your city
- Recruit, build, and lead a team of Ops rockstars. You will be responsible for defining hiring needs in your city and bringing on top Ops talent to help execute on the day-to-day, while also setting the future strategy. Leading by example and establishing a fun, inclusive, and safe work environment
- Oversee budgeting, P&L performance, and financial optimization to reach profitability targets
- Growth of the business. Execution is key. You will be responsible for growing trips, ridership, and revenue in a highly competitive space
- Manage all aspects of operational activities, such as process creation, expansion plans, driver recruitment and restaurant relation development - all with the goal of creating a highly efficient operations.
- Initiate key marketing activities, communications, social media, partnerships, and events
- Represent Chowbus at in the community local events, in local media, and in communication with external stakeholders
- Contribute and share best practices with Chowbus HQ
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's Degree. Advanced degree is a plus
- Experience proven success in a similar role - leading operations/logistics, leading diverse teams, developing procedures, optimizing systems, and achieving benchmark operational goals
- Must be fluent in Chinese
- Analytical Thinking. Data-driven mentality and strong business judgment. Able to roll up your sleeves and analyze the data and pull key insights for your team
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to build and manage strong relationships with their team, cross-functional colleagues, and external partners
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Must be a self-starter and leader that assumes the risks and rewards of running an innovative sustainable operation
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills. Able to communicate and listen effectively; great written, verbal and presentation skills
- Leadership by example. Able to motivate, inspire and create an inclusive and positive work environment for all
- A passion for the e-mobility space, Chowbus, and growing and leading a team. Passionate about the overall goals of sustainable transportation
- Restaurant related business experience is a plus