At a glance…
The Social Media Copywriter will have a focus on supporting our social media efforts. They will strategize, develop, and execute written content that engages our audience with a conversational, storytelling tone.
This role will play a major part in creating content that helps in acquiring, converting, and retaining customers across a variety of marketing channels. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to: writing content for social media, website/landing pages, emails, and other digital content.
It's critical that the Copywriter have the ability to adjust voices frequently, shifting from a social content voice to marketing/sales-driven voice and vice versa. Having a natural ability to slip "into the customer’s shoes" to produce messaging that resonates with our target audience across mediums is a must.
MUST HAVE experience writing in the health/wellness and personal development industry.
In this role, you will...
- Write post and image copy for ALL of our social platforms: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and YouTube. (Understanding the audience / Style of writing for each platform)
- Ability to create a “call to action” and voice that in a way that
- Ability to write in a quick, snappy voice that feels conversational and “On-Brand”.
- Healthy addiction to social media and well-versed in pop culture language and emoji usage.
- Commenting/responding on other posts or accounts.
- Compose impactful, on-brand marketing messaging with a primary focus on customer acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Follow brand/voice guidelines and adapt them across different channels (e.g. being able to communicate our voice in promotional emails vs. Instagram vs. LinkedIn vs. website)
- Conduct independent research in development of marketing copy as needed.
- Accountable for quality and accuracy of all editorial, product, web, and sales/marketing communications.
Keys for Success:
- Experience writing in the health/wellness and personal development industry.
- Ability to adjust voices frequently, shifting from content voice to marketing/sales-driven voice and vice versa.
- Must be able to write, read, and speak clear and accurate English.
- Excellent editing skills based on Chicago and AP style.
- Experience writing for social media including post copy, image copy, moderation support, and actively engaging conversation across other profiles.
- Experience prioritizing and shifting priorities quickly.
- Experience reading a project brief and working in a project management system.
- Experience working cross-functionally with different departments.
- Expert proofreading skills and strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of digital marketing best practices, including but not limited to CAN-SPAM laws, trigger words, keyword integration, and A/B testing.
- Ability to move quickly on content requests and execute within short deadlines.
- Active contributor in group brainstorms, comfortable expressing ideas and taking a stand.
- Expert at taking the abstract and making it concrete.
- Expert organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, monitor, and self-manage workload.
- Natural problem-solver who can think quickly through unforeseen issues and stay calm amid changing deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum is required. Degrees in English, Literature, Journalism, Communications, or Marketing preferred.
Benefits, Perks & Culture:
- Great health insurance package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k.
- Market competitive comprehensive PTO package
- Access to our digital & event-based programs
- Discounts on our products and services
- Opportunities for side-projects: dedicated time for execution on team-generated ideas
- Work with an amazing team of people who are passionate about health and wellness!
- Discounts with our partners including Prana
EEO / Hiring Practices:
Chopra Global is committed to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
About Chopra Global
Chopra Global is a next gen healthcare company anchored by the life’s practice, teachings and research of Deepak Chopra, a leading pioneer in integrative medicine for more than 30 years.
Our purpose is to empower personal transformation for our collective well-being by providing tools, guidance and community anchored in wisdom traditions and cutting-edge science for mind, body, & spirit.
Through direct to consumer and enterprise solutions, Chopra Global envisions a world where well-being is a global measure of success and a healthy, peaceful, and joyful life is accessible to all.
From life-changing live events, seminars and online courses, to “first rate” teacher and coaching certifications, digital content and mobile apps, Chopra Global brings the timeless wisdom of meditation and Ayurveda into the modern world.
Chopra Global provides turnkey, accessible tools and services so that individuals develop habits to reach their maximum potential as humans. With millions of subscribers and users, the Chopra community has the potential to reach critical mass for a healthier world.