Currently, up to 40% of the world’s food is never consumed while 815 million people are undernourished. The supply chain is grossly fragmented and as the world population’s demands continue to grow rapidly, the food industry urgently needs to be transformed. Our mission is to build a connected global food system by 2030. One that enables food to move around the planet transparently, sustainably and without waste.
Today, Choco provides a free digital platform that connects restaurants with their suppliers; an effortless tool that optimises communication, eliminates operational inefficiencies, and simplifies the entire ordering process for all sides. So far we have helped tens of thousands of restaurants and suppliers, but this is only the first step.
Founded in March 2018, we have already raised one of the largest Series B of the last 5 years (Total raised $171.5M). We are backed by world leading VCs such as Insight Partners, LeftLane Capital, Coatue and Bessemer Venture Partners and startup leaders and entrepreneurs who have built companies such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, SoundCloud, DropBox, and Delivery Hero.
As a Global Venture Developer (GVD) Intern you will be join Choco at a pivotal time in our history. You'll receive hands-on operational and sales experience that will prepare you to take the next step in your career at Choco, in opportunities across every department. Your hustle, humbleness, and drive will earn your spot as a future leader.
GVDs will be based in Barcelona, our Spain HQ.
- You will get the unique opportunity to learn, experience and join a first-class city launch team for at least 6 months with a clear focus on Business Development
- You will utilize and develop a wide array of skills (research, product, operations, sales, growth, data/analytics and more)
- You will gain insight and perspective on early stage startups, learn day-to-day management and build deep functional expertise
- You will be part of an international team of highly motivated and talented people, with whom you are working on international assignments
- You have earned an outstanding degree at a top university and have gained first work experience in high-performance environments
- You have a proven track record of personal, academic and professional achievements
- You have strong structuring and analytical skills, combined with a hands-on attitude
- You are very passionate about startups and have deep interest in developing businesses
- You are independent, flexible, open-minded and speedy
- You are fluent in Spanish (additional language skills are a plus)
- You are keen on travelling to support projects nationwide
- You are an entrepreneur and have the ability to achieve goals in a fast paced environment