Currently, up to 40% of the world’s food is never consumed while 815 million people are undernourished. The supply chain is grossly fragmented and as the world population’s demands continue to grow rapidly, the food industry urgently needs to be transformed. Our mission is to build a connected global food system by 2030. One that enables food to move around the planet transparently, sustainably and without waste.
Today, Choco provides a free digital platform that connects restaurants with their suppliers; an effortless tool that optimises communication, eliminates operational inefficiencies, and simplifies the entire ordering process for all sides. So far we have helped tens of thousands of restaurants and suppliers, but this is only the first step.
Founded in March 2018, we have already raised one of the largest Series A of the last 5 years (Total raised $171.5M). We are backed by world leading VCs such as Insight Partners, LeftLane Capital, Coatue and Bessemer Venture Partners and startup leaders and entrepreneurs who have built companies such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, SoundCloud, DropBox, and Delivery Hero.
As Global Venture Development Associate (GVD) you will be part of our central company building unit. Our Global Operations team is one of the most crucial teams and has a major impact on Choco’s growth with assignments across the globe.
The GVD Associate will work as the right hand of a leader on our Global Operations team and will help to ensure that all projects and tasks are delivered with excellence. You will learn how to set up a company globally, across different functions such as sales, account manager, customer support and recruiting.
This role is highly challenging and we have high expectations, but it is very rewarding if you are up for an adventure and personal growth. We want to create the entrepreneurs of tomorrow and we will give you guidance on how to build your own company in the future.
You will get the unique opportunity to learn, experience and join a first-class team. You will gain insight and perspective on high-growth startups, learn day-to-day management and build deep functional expertise.
- You have earned an outstanding degree at a top university and have gained first work experience in high-performance environments
- You have a proven track record of personal, academic and professional achievements
- You have strong structuring and analytical skills, combined with a hands-on attitude
- You are very passionate about startups and have deep interest in developing businesses
- You bring 100% dedication, 100% motivation, and are 100% humble
- You are independent, flexible, open-minded and speedy
- You are fluent in English (additional language skills are a plus)
- You are willing to relocate to Berlin and to 3-6 month long missions around the globe