At Choco, we’re striving to build a seamlessly connected global food system by 2030. One that enables food to move around the planet transparently, sustainably and without waste. Today, Choco provides a platform connecting restaurants and suppliers resulting in better communication, simplified logistics, and - here comes the big one - less food waste. If you’re looking for a challenging new opportunity and the chance to make a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you.
Want to learn more about #LifeatChoco? Take a look behind the scenes: bit.ly/3sD7tYK
Meet your team
- Wilina is our Head of Global People Operations. who you will get support and leadership from and will work together on having success in your role.
- Hilary is our regional leader in the US, who you will work closely on a daily basis to ensure Choco has the appropriate data and is compliant across all facets.
Due to the highly collaborative nature of our business (and the fact that we enjoy spending time together), this is primarily an in-office position.
What you’ll do
The payroll & operations administrator will be responsible for running our people operations back office. The person will own the payroll process end to end including all supporting people documentation and maintaining the HRIS.
- Support employees on a day-to-day basis and answer questions about benefits and company policies
- Own payroll to ensure deadlines are met with 100% accuracy
- Support HR administration in the form of hires, leavers, employee data changes and document management
- Respond to requests from for data from partners, for audits and other legal requirements
- Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations
- Ensure HR data is kept up to date within the HRIS system
- Collaborate with the multinational HR team for global projects
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of experience leading a US based HR function
- Experience working for a fast paced/high growth start up
- Detail oriented individual with excellent time management experience
- Team first mentality
What it’s like to work at Choco
Need a better idea of who we are? Take a video tour of our headquarters in Berlin.
Founded in 2018, Choco is a young, fast-moving company. And we mean fast. Just a year after our $63.7 million Series A funding round, we secured an additional $100 million in Series B funding. We’re backed by leading investors like Insight Partners, LeftLane Capital, Coatue Management, and Bessemer Venture Partners. In addition, we’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.