🍫 We are looking for driven, open minded & enthusiastic individual to help lead Choco’s growth in Vienna. This position is ideal for those who have prior expansion experience but we’re also open to individuals who have strong sales experience mixed with a team management, strategy and data analysis. You will have the opportunity to lead one of the key cities in Choco’s growth.🍫
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DO
At Choco, we have the ambition to become one of the largest and most successful businesses of the next decade. Our mission is to reduce food waste on a global scale by redesigning the food industry's global value chain. The first step towards realizing this mission is our food-supply ordering platform connecting restaurants and suppliers and simplifying the way food is traded between them.
Founded in March 2018, we have already raised one of the largest series A of the last 5 years (Total raised $71.5M). We are backed by top VCs such as COATUE, Bessemer Venture Partners and Atlantic Labs, as well as startup leaders and entrepreneurs who have built companies such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, SoundCloud, DropBox, and Delivery Hero.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
As the leader of an expansion team, you will be responsible for the growth of our operations in Vienna. t includes but is not limited to hiring and building a local team, mentoring and growing the team as well as market research on best practices and strategies to ensure success. The goal of the position to ensure that Choco is the leading partner to restaurants and suppliers in the market while developing and growing our team.
YOUR DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversight and responsibility for the performance, training and management of the functional managers (Sales, Account Management, Business Development) for the Vienna team
- Setting targets and KPIs for the City and the individual functions (Sales, Account Management, Business Development).
- Sending weekly performance reports to the functional managers (Sales, Account Management, Business Development).
- Conduct bi-weekly and quarterly performance reviews, deciding on promotions and leading salary negotiations.
- Setting up efficient communication channels and meeting structures inside the Vienna team to ensure constant learning across city teams.
- Setting up and managing the city team budget, reviewing and approving monthly expenses.
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with global functional teams such as product, marketing, finance, etc. to ensure regional insights inform broader strategic initiatives.
- Ensuring all team administration is completed to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- Creating performance maps, assigning areas between different sales and account management teams, and tracking performance.
- Evaluate the strategic costs and benefits of existing programs and new pilots to continually improve operations impacting restaurants.
- Attending industry events, seminars and conferences to present the company's thought leadership and expertise in the industry.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH:
- Prior experience leading a team or proven success as a sales leader
- Previous experience in a fast paced/high growth environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- That shows grit, hustle, "whatever it takes to get the job done" type mentality
- C1 German language skills
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Growth Opportunities. A vast amount of responsibility with untapped space for personal development
- Team. Tremendous amount of collaboration with a group of diverse peers from all across the world
- Ownership. A creative environment to support the development of your ideas
- Health. Wellness initiatives (physical and mental), fitness memberships, access to stress and wellness professionals
- Retreats. Team retreats to celebrate our achievements
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.