Technical Program Manager
What you will do
Your core contribution will be to safeguard and raise the technical maturity of the entire engineering organization. You will take quality and velocity to be natural allies and operationalize this premise so that engineering, product and the business can move forward rapidly with confidence.
You will be part of our Platform Team and you will work closely with the CTO, Engineering leadership and Senior/Staff engineers. In the Platform Team you will work with the most senior engineers in the company to make strategic technical decisions and codify these into documentation and software that benefit all of engineering.
Your core tasks will be:
- Co-creating, owning and delivering on roadmaps for the initiatives that make up our mid to long term product and engineering strategy
- Making sure that the right stakeholders come together to create the necessary understanding and decisions in a timely and effective manner
- Treating internal stream aligned product teams as our customers and focus on developer experience, velocity, scalability and operability
- Underpin our goals and efforts with qualitative and quantitative data
- Coach engineers to think about these topics and act as multipliers
What you will need to have an impact with us:
- A background as an engineer where you have worked either as a software engineer, cloud engineer or in a related field such as developer relations
- A background working in product management or project management where you have led on delivering software for at least a year
- A demonstrated interest in cutting edge software development practices and operational principles such as DORA/Accelerate, progressive delivery, resilience & quality engineering, etc.
- Proven experience planning, driving and delivering technical projects and changes across team boundaries
- Proven experience in stakeholder management, interaction with the business side, communication skills in writing and presenting technical topics to any audience
- The ability to learn new things quickly, be mindful and be organized will be absolutely key to your success in your job and in Choco overall
You will impress us even more if you have some or any of the following (or an interest in learning these things):
- Experience in developing with TypeScript, Swift or Kotlin
- Experience in compliance and security related topics
- Experience working with Lambda functions and serverless architecture
- Experience in determining strategy and architecture using techniques such as User Story Mapping and Event Storming
- Experience with microservices or distributed systems
- Experience with observability, incident management, post-mortems and blameless culture
- Experience in managing complexity and domain driven approaches to software design
- Experience drafting and maintaining SLOs (or other metrics)
We invite you to take part in the following selection process:
- Introduction call: a Tech Recruiter will tell you more about Choco, our Tech Org and get to know your work, background, interests and you as a person better.
- Technical interview
- Interview with the team
- Cultural interview: our engineering manager will have a chat with you about our culture and checks what can be your non-technical contribution to Choco.
- OFFER: your interviewers will make a decision together regarding your offer.
- A stellar onboarding and the smartest team in the foodspace will be waiting for you ! 🚀
Who we are
If you are looking to have an impact on the world, then read carefully because at Choco, we are moving mountains to transition the world’s food systems to become more sustainable. The food industry is an industry with essential problems, especially in food-supply-chain. We leverage technology to build the digital platform on which the global food trade will operate. We have the potential to reduce food prices, decrease food waste by 30%.
In 2018 we entered the market with our chat-based ordering app and had drastically changed the way businesses work and order with their suppliers. Our founders have helped build companies such as Zalando (IPO’d), Lazada (sold to Alibaba) and Foodora (sold to DeliveryHero). We recently raised one of the largest Series A funding rounds in European history.
Technology is at the core of our work. We are product-minded builders, architects, coders, bug-hunters and designers. We deliver the needed change via our mobile and web apps using cutting-edge tools, modern engineering practices and always keeping software quality on our radar. Of course, it’s not only about working with top-notch tools but keep hiring excellent engineers too.
Join us in leading the world’s transition to sustainable food systems.
Here at Choco, we like to use Apollo program as a metaphor for our engineering work. Now, you will join and help us bring the shuttle to the moon. Your mission will be to be one of the main drivers of developer autonomy and empowering our feature squads. Your core contribution will be the enablement of our cross-functional teams by allowing them to develop and release easier, faster and deploy smoothly on their own. Due to your work our systems will be healthy, stable and manageable.
Our tech stack
We have a cutting-edge environment and use NodeJS, TypeScript, GraphQL, AWS DynamoDB and our infrastructure is powered by AWS SNS, AWS SQS, AWS Lambda, AWS AppSync, AWS CloudFormation, AWS CodePipeline and AWS S3.
What it’s like to be a Chocorian
You will join a company filled with smart, humble and hard-working people. We are a start-up where people put the team first, deeply trust each other, take ownership and truly understand what they are working for day by day.
You will join a group of people from all around the world who share their experiences and contribute in their areas of expertise and learn from each other.
You will join a passionate team that shares the same values and vision, a circle of friends that not only works hard but also laughs with- and cheers for each other.
With that said, it is absolutely crucial to find people who share this with us and who deeply identify themselves with the values of a Chocorian.