🍫 Choco is the leading ordering app for restaurants across Europe and the US. We are looking for a Head of Vendor Management to hire and lead our vendor teams across the United States. Your ownership will range from hiring and scaling the team 5x in the next 6 months, to commercializing our business through novel monetization streams, and to, ultimately, build out our market leadership across the US in 2021 and beyond. After investing heavily into our supplier products and services over the past 18 months, it's time to win the hearts of thousands of suppliers.🍫
WHAT THIS ROLE ENTAILS:
- Take ownership for hiring, building and scaling our vendor management teams to unprecedented levels, be responsible for the team’s performance and output / collaboration on a global level
- Build and scale our vendor management function, and build the foundation to commercialize our business
- Be the face of Choco inside the US F&B industry and represent our region across the Choco global team
- Introduce product innovations to our industry and help us educate suppliers on digitizing their business
- Be the go-to person to enable us to create exponential growth through supplier relationships, big and small, across the entire US
- Own the performance, training and management of our sales team across the US market
- Build out new processes and introduce workflows to help our sales teams outperform their targets
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- At least 8 years in partnerships, sales, account management or business development
- Experience in leading ~15 person sales teams and/or building processes and novel functions
- A can do, roll up your sleeves attitude, willing to hop into things within and outside your swim lane to better the organization
- Experience growing or scaling in the US and creating deep market penetration with a product or service
- A strong interest in the digitization of the American F&B industry to build a massively successful business
- Outstanding communication skills
- Pragmatic, solution-oriented mindset
- Proactivity & reliability
- Team-first mentality
- Humility & Optimism
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Growth Opportunities. A vast amount of responsibility with untapped space for personal development
- Team. Tremendous amount of collaboration with a group of diverse peers from all across the world
- Ownership. A creative environment to support the development of your ideas
- Health. Wellness initiatives (physical and mental), fitness memberships, access to stress and wellness professionals
- Retreats. Team retreats to celebrate our achievements
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DO:
At Choco, we have the ambition to become one of the largest and most successful businesses of the next decade. Our mission is to reduce food waste on a global scale by redesigning the food industry's global value chain. The food industry is an industry with a monumental array of problems, especially in the food-supply-chain. We leverage technology to build the digital platform on which the global food trade will operate. We have the potential to decrease food waste by 30%.
Today, Choco provides a free digital platform that connects restaurants with their suppliers; an effortless tool that optimises communication, eliminates operational inefficiencies, and simplifies the entire ordering process for all sides. A vital first step in the digitization of the global food-supply-chain.
Founded in March 2018, we have already raised one of the largest series A and B of the last 5 years (Total raised $171.5M). We are backed by world leading VCs such as Insight Partners, LeftLane Capital, Coatue and Bessemer Venture Partners and startup leaders and entrepreneurs who have built companies such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, SoundCloud, DropBox, and Delivery Hero.
ITS YOUR CALL NOW, DON'T HESITATE TO APPLY!
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone.All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.